Guess who said it!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by MiketheTiger69, Jul 25, 2004.

1. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

No G_MAN, that's NOT what I'm saying at all. I'm speaking in reference to the mean spirited attitude of SF as regards his citing the quote of W. Criticism of one's opinions is a far cry from the attitude expressed in that quote. I'll say this, if W did in fact say that, I don't know what more proof you guys need to see that this guy is totally unfit to be the leader of this great country.

When you go into public office here, your personal feelings don't amount to a hill of beans. You are in office to SERVE AND REPRESENT ALL the people of America, not just those who have the views you do. That is why personal issues such as religion should never be allowed into the political process. If you can't separate your personal ideals and desires from the performance of your governmental duties, except to hold yourself and your behavior and those in your charge to the highest standards of honesty and fairness, then you have no business in office.

And yes Tirk, it was Ike.

I wan't trying to say anything in particular, Martin ,I just found those quotes by two entirely different men of entirely different philosophies thought provoking, at least for me. I thought someone else might as well.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Uhhh...Mr. Sanctimonious Christian '69: 'Twas not W. It was his father George Herbert Bush who was quoted.

3. MiketheTiger69

Like father like son! Nah, that's not fair to Sr. At least he had some semblance of decency. BTW, you should have SPECIFIED WHICH GB said it!

4. SabanFan

Admit you were wrong then STFU...Please.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I agree wholeheartedly that athiests are not citizens. The rights of an American citizen are endowed by our Creator. To deny the creator is to deny the rights endowed by Him.

6. SabanFan

Uh Ohhhhhhh :dis:

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

well the according to the declaratiion of independence, the rights endowed to us by our creator are "inalienable". i will assume you know what the word inalienable means and you realize your mistake.

8. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

Screw it, I'll take the bait....

a·the·ist - n. - one who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

god - n. - a being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.

(Source: Dictionary.com)

Not believing in a perfect, omnipotent god doesn't mean you don't believe in the creative force of existence. Jefferson wrote the word "Creator," not "god" in the Declaration.

Is there some force or being responsible for the creation of the universe? Probably, but that doesn't mean this force is in the form of a man in the sky who looks over us and knows all.

The Puritans, or pilgrims, were sent to America (after returning from exile in Holland) because the English viewed them as a nuisance and were more than happy to say, "Good riddance."

The Puritans were a trivial, irritating group who grated at the nerves of the English people of the time. Sound familiar?

How American to deny the citizenship of a dissident group of people who the Christian majority view as a nuisance. The English Kingdom of the 17th century (also the source of the modern Bible) would be very proud.

9. MiketheTiger69

Uh, how can I admit I was wrong when it was you that posted the incorrect information I drew my conclusion from? I guess I can apologize for not being able to read your feeble little mind, so "Im sorry".

You also seem to have a problem with my ideals for a politician. Do you want a person who dictates how you are going to live your life by his personal feelings or by how you want to live it? Why do you think they are called "public servants"? Why do you think we have a gov't "Of the people, by the people and for the people"? Why do you think they are called "representatives of the people". If we are going to have politicians govern by what they feel and think, then we might just as well have a monarchy or a dictatorship. I am sure that with your views, you would be happy with either one.

I hate to tell you SF, but you are one of the most Un-American people I've ever come across in my life! How sad this great country and its gifts are wasted on selfish miserable people like you. The good part of it is is that this is America, Land of Opportunity, and there is still hope for you yet.

10. SabanFan

Excuse me? My information was not incorrect. Your assumption that it was George W's quote was the error here. Typical liberal slant turning the truth into a lie.

You are living in the past. My "representatives" do not represent me and they do not represent my beliefs. They represent themselves and turn their attention in my direction only when it's time to get re-elected. Then, it's back to the trough.

I have a good job, a good income, a good wife, 2 good sons and a retirement fund just waiting for me to tap into and live out my remaining years comfortably. I respect the President and, more importantly, the Office of the President. I accept that my country is at war and the administration has my full support. I do not sit on my a$$ and complain that I'm disabled and no one will help me. I don't depend on my wife to put bread on the table. I could be a blind quadriplegic and I'd find a job somewhere, rather than follow soap operas. Who is to be pitied here?
    Pas Moi mon ami.