Guess who's in Sports Illustrated??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Boondoggie, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Boondoggie

Boondoggie Freshman

Got my SI today, thumbing through it....Guess who's got the entire Inside College Football page to himself? None other than RP. The title of the article is "Thinking Twice." It's all about his upcoming decision.

A couple of quotes....

His coach, Larry Dautrive says about RP and the recruiting process: "Basically, he's got the world by the butt." I guess the coach is in on it, too.

Also, talking about how it has become vogue for kids to announce their decision durng the All-Star game, Perrilloux didn't because, "This really isn't my scene. When I announce, I want it to be more low-key. Like SportsCenter, maybe."

LOW-KEY??? LOW-KEY??? That's right, SportCenter is low-key!!

I like the recruiting process, figuring out who we're going to get, but I can't wait for this whole RP thing to be over. I hope he suprises us all and chooses South Dakota State!!

Just kidding, RP. :geauxtigs

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

he didn't do it during the all-star game b/c that would have detracted some of the attention away from his announcement

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

God forbid he share the spotlight with others! What a Prima Dona!

Sorry, but this is where I am just an old fashioned kind of girl. When a kid gets such a kick out of leading everyone around by the, uh, nose, I don't think much of him. It's all about him and the attention he can get. With that kind of attitude, I have my doubts to how much a team player he is. I hope like hell I am wrong if he comes to LSU!

4. smoovedog

smoovedog Founding Member

Nicely put Okie! I am starting to have my doubts about how much of a team player he is as well.
    Unless he grows up fast and is somehow everything everyone is claiming him to be and more (which does not happen that much), I just dont see the kid beating out Flynn or Jamarcus for the starting job any time in the foreseeable future, especially with MF and JR having 2 years of collegiate practice/playing time under their belts.

5. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

I like who's on the freakin cover! Bruschi!!!

[​IMG]

6. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Who is RP?

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Rommy Pubberville

8. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Cool...

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Am I the only one tired of SI putting these young HS kids on their front cover and then wondering why so many people leave HS for the Pro's early?