Guess who's in Sports Illustrated??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Boondoggie, Jan 20, 2005.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

That's the very reason the NBA is sliding down really fast in the eyes of most fans. Makes me really glad they have to wait until their class is in it's Junior year, Re: Mike Williams and the OSU back, what was his name.....hmm? Maurice who? :geauxtigs

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

If thats a serious question and you still havent found the answer, its Ryan Perrilloux.

3. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

Yes I am. And it is because of hypocrisy (sp?) like this and their love for anything west coast that I am getting sick and tired of S.I.

I agree 100% and that is one of the main reason why the NFL is flourishing.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

that is EXACTLY why i cancelled my subscription to them a year ago. after the sugar bowl, phil taylor wrote an unbelieveably flawed account of what would happen if LSU played USC. he was saying $hit like "if USC studied the sugar bowl tape, they would expect to see the same bevy of blitz packages they ran all night against OU." of course, this was NOT the case. LSU blitzed OU very little. in fact, jason white himself stated in the post-game press conference that LSU didn't blitz nearly as much as they had planned on, but still got trememndous pressure from the front 4. this is but a small example of how fouled up his analysis was. i figure he didn't even watch the sugar bowl b/c in his mind, it didn't matter...the NC had already been determined at the rose bowl.

so i wrote SI a letter, completely annhiliating his analysis. i decided that if they had the balls to publish it, i'd keep my subscription. well, they did not, and i am now a proud subscriber to ESPN magazine. i must say that i enjoy that publication far better anyhow. one of the smartest things i ever did.
    :champs: :crystal: :helmet: :crystal: :champs:

5. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

NFL = yes, Jr yr
    NBA = no waiting period, you can leave anytime

6. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Agree. Next cover they will promote this kid.

[​IMG]

7. TheDrunkenTiger

Thats a good idea. Hell the only reason I subscribed was for the LSU NC package :rofl: .

I did BTW see that B.S. article...plus the many others completely neglecting to mention, not just LSU players, wins, etc, but the entire SEC in general.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

S.I. is smart, from a marketing perspective. Why piss off the large population centers.... Why not cater to such places (the west coast, L.A., etc.)..... Sure, small market Louisiana and similar places will get upset but well, there are more "numbers" in the larger markets to cater to.

Some people just don't get it. They are not necessarily out to do noteworthy sports reporting. They are simply trying to boost magazine sales.

9. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Yeah I was actually being serious. I take it he's an lsu recruit?

I just don't follow recruiting that much. What's the point of slobbering over high school kids? They haven't done anything. I'd rather wait and see them do something on the field before I'd even talk about them...

10. TheDrunkenTiger

Well then I would consider that contradictory of why I buy/watch any sort of news medium. And that still doesnt make me want to keep S.I., I dont want them kissing LSU's ass I just want sports news and information.