Guilbeau blasts Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Laminator, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006307300003

Nice 20/20 hindsight with the practice comment, Glenn. I'm not sure why he started off saying he did "a very good job last season", since the post-but part pretty much implies that 11-2 sucked, Miles screwed up completely, and the bowl game was a pointless exercise in victory.

Who pissed in Glenn's Cheerios today anyway?

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i think the point is hidden in the reference to the talent clm inherited. perhaps he thinks several other sec coaches would have done better--and he might be right, but who knows.

he did move miles up the list, though.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

He went 11-2. Am I the only one that ever remembers this? He did win 11 games, didnt he?

4. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

whats wrong with speaking the truth? lets face it beating miami is always fun but at the same time it was a miami team that wasnt good enough to play on new years day this year.

5. clair

clair Rockets

Les inherited a team with TONS of talent. This is true

But Les also inherited a team that went through the largest natural diseaster in the history of our state, and a team that didn't get to have a normal practice week till mid-year, and a team that had to play something like 10-11 weeks straight without a bye.

What's so bad about getting crushed to UGA? I mean, sure, it sucked, but didn't the God, Nick Saban have the same thing happen to him?

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Guilbeau is too stupid to realize that every week, there's another team trying just as hard to win as you. And you don't always come out on top. Big shocker. Wait a minute, what paper's he writing for now? Guess he should have realized that a long time ago.

7. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Miami was ranked #9 in the Nation prior to the Bowl game, and thier Defense was ranked #1. Big Sausage man, your comment, "It's always fun beating Miami" indicates you don't know that LSU has played Miami a total of 2 times in 36 years. The last time before 2005..we lost 44-3 in 1988.

8. Perple

Perple Founding Member

No, but it sees a lot of people forget that other New coaches inherited Tons of talent as well. Weiss did not recruit or sign Heisman favoreite Brady Quinn at Notre Dame, and Meyer gets a lot of pub for what he did with Zook's recruits.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Weiss did a very good job at Notre Dame. I'd argue he had less to work with than Miles. Similar if not identical to what Saban did in his first year. As far as Meyer, he got alot of pub based on what he's done in the past and being probably the flashiest hire before last season started. What he did in his first season wasn't heralded as great, but I think alot of people believe Florida will be good once his style has been fully integrated into his new program. Being a slight critic of Miles, I still didn't like Guilbeau's talking points. My problem with Miles wasn't the early season struggles - it had more to do with the unimpressive offense we fielded most of the season. I can look past the losses to Tennessee and Georgia by attributing them to the hurricane, what I don't give Miles a pass on is the way our offense performed most of the season. Naming Miles sixth? That seems a little harsh and unrealistic.

10. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

Just as bad as putting fat phil 4th. Guy is coming off the worst season in his career, didni't make a bowl game etc... and he only drops to 4th?