Guilbeau blasts Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Laminator, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

let me rephrase it for you perple its always fun beating miami in anything or watching them lose to just about any one else. my point is lets not act like we beat a bcs bound cane team we beat a team that had fallen apart before the peach.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Yeah, they were really struggling coming into the Peach Bowl. They only won 9 out of their last 10 games and lost 2 games all year by a whopping 7 points. They had one of the top defenses in the country and we hang 40 on them.

Let's not give any credit to LSU...

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I would be very happy to if no one else has ! GG is nothing but a sh*t stirrer.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Kjunsausage, they were a great team. From those stats above you cant say that Miami and LSU werent the top 2 teams to not make the BCS. I think you have forgotten last season for the most part.:geauxtige

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

There are a few parallels between Saban's 04' team and Miles 05' team that some of you overlook. Both coaches struggled with a couple of teams they shouldn't have, Saban struggling with Oregon St. and Troy St. and Miles to Arizona St. and App State. Both coaches were BLOWN out by UGA and both coaches lost the lead to a team when they probably should have closed out on the team. Saban being against Iowa and Miles against UT. Guess what, it was with the same exact talent.

Before anyone says that Miles had the same talent with a year more experience and thus should have done better. Guess what again, he did. He managed to win 2 more games and one less loss than Saban did in 04'. Oh and managed to make it to the SECCG, which Saban did not.

Posters like Kjunsausage (aka: KjunTubeSteak) are the same guys that were bashing Saban in 04' for all his close games and losses. People like TubeSteak will never be satisfied.

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I think we're on the same side when it comes to supporting Miles, but I hope you aren't implying that Notre Dame had "tons" of talent when Weiss arrived, cause they didn't.

You are right though that Meyer inherited lots of talent. It was well known that Zook was one hell of a recruiter but Meyer didn't get a lot of "pub" for what he did at UF. In fact his hype stemmed from what he accomplished at Utah. Some may argue that his season was somewhat of a disappointment based on his preseason hype and expectations.

7. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

Do you think our offense performed the way it did most of the season was due in large part to our qb suffering a wrist injury in the Florida game that would require offseason surgery, our only legit running back rendered useless after the N. Texas game, our receivers dropping many catchable balls, and a few offensive linemen(Millier, Helms, Niswanger & Arnold) suffering different injuries during the course of the year?

I think we will see a lot more consistency out of our offense this year, because they were a little snake bit last year IMO.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Ant time you beat the #9 team in the nation by 37 points in a bowl game it's a big deal. You can say all sorts of things and down play the victory but it was indeed a really great win against a pretty damn good team with one of the best defenses in the nation.

EDIT: I didn't read Perple's post before I posted, so just scratch what I said and read his again.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That's why he is writing for the shreveport times insted of a real paper, gilbeau always was an a$$ too lazy to get out of his easy chair and do a little homework before writing an article.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

this is the question most of us ask everytime you post :cool: