Guilbeau blasts Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Laminator, Jul 30, 2006.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm no Guilbeau fan but, to be fair, he writes for Gannet which owns several newspapers. His column also appears in the Lafayete Daily Fertilizer.

It appears that Miles is the one that pissed in his Cheerios, though, I don't know what Les did to him to warrant some of the shots he's taken.

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Neither was LSU. However way you look at it, the Tigers played an outstanding game against a tough competitor.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

And he should have sat down... no ifs ands or buts about it.

And then he reinjured himself against App. St. for cryin out loud. Whose fault was that?

Again, if you bash me for saying these things, you need to include BR sports talk radio hosts in your diatribes as well.

4. Bengal Buddy

I could not have said it any better myself.

5. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

i know plenty of tiger fans who agree with glenns opinion. its only a few of you homers who think that some cheerio pissin is going on. sabanfan what "shots has he taken"?

6. Bengal Buddy

I honestly believe we will see significant improvement in our wide receivers this year, and if Broussard comes back 100% (which I understand he is), the running game should be hard to contain if the rebuilt OL does their job. That is the big questions for the Tiger offense this year.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Now the little Vienna man is in love. Looks like he has a new bb.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I don't think SabanFan would consider me a homer, I call em like I see em and I think Gilbeau sucks to say the least. I can also see how people you know would agree with Gilbeau. I wasn't thrilled when Miles was hired but you can't say he didn't do a great job given the major hurdles thrown at him early in the season. I don't care what kind of super team talent you inherited when you play in the SEC and go 11-2 after the unbelievable start to the season you did a quality job. I wouldn't call Miles a proven commodity yet but you can't complain about the job he did last year period.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Unless you're KjunTubeSteak.

10. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

its ok to be a homer every school has them. time will validate my argument that les is not an sec caliber coach and is in way over his head here. the team he inherited could have run on auto pilot and produced the same results. a spurrier or some one cut out for sec football would have won us another sec title and a bcs berth. hell spurrier was only a play away from beating uga with a pile of trash he inherited. that my friends is what a coach up to the task of sec football does.