Guilbeau blasts Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Laminator, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Are you implying that Saban isn't SEC caliber either, since his team got blown out by UGA in 05'?

2. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

Look, if GG had written this:

Then we could all say, yes, the purple-tinted glasses are on. But with what he's written, I think you could also agree that he's got ANTI purple glasses on (what is the opposite of purple anyway?). No mention of the extraordinary circumstances this team faced last year, when I think anyone (even Kjun, if he would stop being an argumentative ass for a sec) could agree that yes, there were in fact extraordinary circumstances last year that yes, could be a bit of a distraction.

I'm just surprised that a Louisiana writer would give his home SEC school's coach so little credit for the positives of last year and so much blame for the little that went wrong, even going so far as to blame the SEC Champ game on Miles' practice methodology. That's just straight-up blowhard bullsh*t.

Apparently, Miles did piss in Glenn's Cheerios, right after he knocked up his daughter. It's the only reasonable explanation for his highly negative recap of 05.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I don't write them down but I read his colun regularly and he has been negative all year.

By the way, my avatar is for you.:thumb:

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Whatever the reason we didn't get the job done last season offensively. The team got the job done, but the offense was not very good. Miles and the Tigers overcame a number of things and dealt with injuries as all teams do (though losing Broussard before the season was a BIG loss), and ended up with a pretty good season. We will see if our offense can improve and our defense can continue to be stingy. If we play up to our potential then watch out, Miles might be the man for a very long time.

You can compare what Miles did in '05 to what Saban did in '04, but Miles was in a much better position last season than Saban was in '04. Saban had on/off years, and 04 was off. Saban wasn't perfect either, as great as he was. I'm hoping to see some awesome things from our offense this season - barring injuries the biggest obstacle is qb. If Russell struggles, Miles has to be willing to put in Flynn and possibly Perilloux. If Russell and the receivers are in-sync and Broussard is healthy, I think we will be a juggernaut. I just hope that if Russell struggles Miles doesn't wait to long to stick in Flynn. That could be a serious problem.

I now have faith in Pellini, hopefully he can continue where he left off last season.

5. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

That looks about right through my Orange and Blue glasses. I was not sold on Miles while he was at Okie State, probably has something to do with my TTU affiliation. What I am sold on is that people who were on his case last year were so far out of line it is pathetic. If that team had finished .500, I would have thought that commendable. Never has a team overcome so much disruption that was not of their own doing. (Not counting teams like Marshall and their horrific experiences) If you think coaching is only X' and O's, you are wrong. A bad coach would have lost that team after UT. Saban wasn't calling in every night to make sure things were OK. You had one great coaching job by Miles last year.

Stop second guessing this guy. Flynn goes in for an injured Russell, how do you know Flynn doesn't get hurt and you have a freshman running the show? Vincent sits out Appy, and then really blows a hammy because he felt just a little better. You can't play what if in the real world.

Yeah, I am waiting to see the team Miles turns out this year. I am certain he will make some mistakes like he did last year. Even with those mistakes last year and all the other crap, you had an 11-2 season, Geez..... I guess UGa had the only REAL SEC grade coach last year (but they were 10-3). SOS was only 7-5.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Guilbeau's thing is to be controversial. He's a good writer and has some keen insight on a few things, but he has always tended to bring up controversial subjects that embarass LSU or their coaches . . . and it is probably why he lost his job at the big Baton Rouge paper.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

You're a moron, Kjunsausage.

Heh...you're right! This "speaking the truth" stuff is pretty cool...

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Great post! Guilbeau only saw the negatives in an 11-2 season under harsh conditions, with a raw Soph. QB. Shame on Guilbeau. He's entitled to his opinion, but I think it's a poor opinion. Booooooooooooooooo!

11-2 was VERY good last year! I still remember great wins over Fla., Auburn, and Bama. At times, I wondered why we didn't win by bigger margins, but I looked at how immature JR was, and Addai having a hurt ankle, Broussard out for the year, and I'm happy. I still like the Auburn and Bama games, real exciting stuff!!!

:geauxtige

9. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

weak

10. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Guilbeau pisses everyone at LSU off. This is the guy that sued LSU because Saban limited the media access to practices and scrimmages while he was here.