Guilbeau: LSU will still finish 10-2

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Maybe I just don't get your analogy here but I will point out that teachers and coaches are 2 totally different things.
    If coaches get hired and don't maintain a program they generally lose their job.
    Teachers don't recruit kids for their class.
    My statement was nothing other than a response to Fisheads comment about comparing Miles to Saban.

You aren't making any sense.
    All these years, most of Saban's players left the year before last.
    No one could tell if Les could keep the program at or near the same level as before until all of the other coaches players have left.
    That generally takes about 4 or 5 years.
    I wasn't impressed last year and the jury is still out this year.

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

How about an analogy you can get? If I start high school as a freshman with one coach and happen to be on the team (but not really play) that wins a championship, and then get a new coach for the next 3 years(I do play), and win a championship....

WHO THE F*CK coached me???

Coming from you, that's nearly a compliment.

1 person likes this.
  3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Bama may be on the way up but they haven't done jack sheet yet. Let them win something semi significant and then they can enter the conversation. So far the best they have been able to come up with is an SEC west title. Hell even Arkansas wins one of those every now and then. I still don't understand the love affair some Tiger fans have with Saban. Yes he did do a lot of good things and brought us a championship but he isn't God. Anyone remember his last season at LSU? Miles has done every bit as good as Saban did at LSU. Have there been bumps in the road? Yes, just like every where else. What was Florida's record under Meyer in 2007? Since Tiger fans are so unhappy with Miles maybe we can get the legend himself Charlie "french fry" Weis, he seems to be about as arrogant as Saban.

4. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

CLM is into his 5th season and you guys are still talking about Satan!

Satan sit in a plane at Ryan Airport and sold out!! Put LSU in a bad spot!!

CLM came in and has done nothing but win!

If I didn't have Jesus in my heart I would love to tell Nick to kiss my a** but I can't do that.

You guys and all the folk on BR radio just know we are a bad team ! coached bad and going to loose to Bama!!!

I say we are going to Bama and break the heart of Satan and all those Bama back woods bubba's that follow him like he walks on water.

Satan followed the money !!!

CLM sad no to his home school and YES to LSU!!!

:tigereye:

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

All this time and it's the same critics of CLM. We finished 1 game worse than NS did after our 2003 MNC and who knows how NS would have done or handled the 2005 season. Personally I think CLM has done just as good as NS and in some cases better, ie no loses to the likes of UAB. Bama can have NS, I'll take CLM and the Tigers to continue being a dominant program. Also it's hard to make a complete comparison, the landscape of the SEC is tougher now than it was under NS and we have taken on a tougher OOC schedule, which btw CLM is undefeated.

6. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

1. i knew there was very little chance of beating florida- i just know the limits of my team.

2. i doubt we beat ALA, unless we do something different- by different i mean different looks, schemes, qb's - yes put jarett lee in -- the kid can pass-- check out some of the throws he made last year- no not the pick 6's.

3. LSU will have to do some unconventional stuff-- like go for it on fourths, some trickery and fake punts/field goals etc- and GO VERTICAL.

4. is it me or does ingram look like charles scott did last year-- like saturday night live-- what up with that?

5. annnnnnnnd if arkansas plays us like they did florida-- i can pretty much guarantee a loss there too-- why-- because they can P A S S--- why hasnt our pass defense gotten any better- it was way weak last year and still is--- run defense i can live with----- and why hasnt our passing game gotten any better?--- i can put half the blame on the o line but the other half-- it's b/c jj isnt that great a passer- and he has happy feet-- same with terrel pryor- however i think jj is a better passer than terrel.

10-2? i really hope so-- maybe we can get an easy one and meet ND again and whip up on them

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He's stopping the losing for sure, but Bama hasn't come close to matching LSU and Florida's 5 SEC and 4 BCS championships in this century. But Deek imagines that Bama is one of the two most prominent programs in the SEC!

When they win those new chamoinships, I will give them credit. I've always liked Bama. But they have to earn it first, just like Florida and LSU did. This is a new SEC and the 70's are gone. Bama will have to work hard to overtake Florida and LSU's modern success. Nick is likely up to it, but he has to actually catch up before he can overtake ... that's the way it has always been.

Ohhhh, yes you are.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Dude, he's been proving you wrong for four years! What does it take?

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I blame that loss on the absence of Jack Hunt. Wasn't that Chris Leak's first start?

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I agree and disagree. As good as Bama was last year and as bad as we were, We gave them everything they could handle plus 6.

I think of it more like this, The West will come down to LSU and Bama. Each year telling its own story.

Stat wise, Saban isn't any better than CLM. However, most people just point to what Saban has done in a short amount of time. Still, CLm and Saban are two WAY different coaches and do things very differently.

Both bring different things to the teams. I dont blame CLM for whats happened so far, but I do for last year. That is why I think CLM is coaching the season this way, but it came up to bite him in the ass at the UF game. I would think we see more of a Team like at the GT bowl game last year that carries through the rest of the season.

Just what I think about it.