Guilbeau ... Lying State University

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerWins, Sep 17, 2007.

1. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Actually I'm pretty sure most universities require that student athletes sign a HIPAA waiver when you sign for a scholarship now.

The waiver allows coaches, trainers, and team physicians to receive information on player injuries that they would otherwise have no right to since they aren't parents or guardians. I'm not sure if the waiver allows the university to make your medical information public.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It's interesting that you should bring that up because since those laws went into effect, the sideline reporters have little to no information about injuries that occur during the game.

Case in point, Early walked into the locker room during the MSU game; if this was prior to that law being passed, the reporter would've been following him into the locker room, reporting on everything.

3. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

yeah I'm not an expert I just know an athlete who was asked to sign a HIPAA waiver when he received an athletic scholarship and those were the reasons given when he asked why.

anyway back on topic... guilbeau sucks.

4. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Guilbeau is definitely not a good writer, but I understand his frustration.

A healthy LSU is unbeatable this year, and it sucks that three games into the season, the health of two of the team's senior leaders has them sidelined for an unknown number of weeks.

This puts most Tiger fans in a bad mood. Then when CLM is evasive about the injuries, it makes reporters and fans like me even more testy. (I was very bitter over the way CLM handled Joe Addai's ankle injury in '05. Every week he told the media that Joe was back to 100 percent. Then Joe would get into the game, take two handoffs, and sit back on the pine till the final horn sounded.)

I know injuries are part of the game, but I'd like the coach whose team I root for with all my heart to be straight with me about them.

Also, I think fans on this message board are grossly underestimating how big the losses of Flynn and Doucet are going to be THIS WEEK vs. South Carolina. (If, indeed, Flynn is going to miss.) :helmet:

1 person likes this.
  5. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I refuse to read anything by the idiot.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

there is your first mistake. confusing guilblow as a tiger fan.

the coach's highest priority should not be the fans. it should be his players and the team. the player's privacy and the teams best shot at winning (by not giving away information that can help an opponent prepare) is far more important than our wanting to know. it isn't that he isn't being straight. it is that he is keeping as much as possible to himself. that is coach miles. it has been since before he landed at lsu.

1 person likes this.
  7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I hate to see Flynn miss, but Perrilloux is more than capable of getting it done.

8. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

People, can we please, I beg of you, stop posting this jackasses' ramblings? He is not exactly getting the word out to many people for one, two is that nobody cares and finally WE ARE JUST "LETTING THE TERRORIST WIN "(IF YOU WILL) BY POSTING HIS "WRITINGS" AND GETTING UPSET ABOUT THEM. Come on, he wants us to get angry, so who cares? Let him use his right to free speech on those dozen or so people who read his paper. If we can geaux on to win the NC he will have nothing further to say that anyone will listen to. So please stop spreading this guy's word, because the more we post it, the more likely it is that google might display it in a search.

2 people like this.
  9. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Miles said in his press conference today that he won't talk about injuries so as not to disadvantage his team. He was reminded by a reporter that some of the people wanting to know are Tiger fans who love LSU and want as much information as possible on their team.

I understand that, no one loves the tigers any more than me, and I want to know everything I can about our team. But, I want to win on Saturday more than I want an injury report. I can do without all the information if it give of any extra edge to win a game.

Coaches lie an deceive about their teams all the time. If our coach thinks it helps us in any way, no matter how small, I'm all right with it.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

2 people like this.
  10. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Dildeaux will find any little thing to run down LSU, he's losing any credibility he had.

This is so transparently trying to be controverial, it's a joke.

This is what he writes about the week we get the 12th ranked team in the country?