Guilbeau ... Lying State University

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerWins, Sep 17, 2007.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Definitely in the minority here but....

I think it's fine that Miles doesn't want to talk about injuries, that's his right as a coach. But I also think that Miles is wrong by asking reporters to relay his lies as truth. Reporters should have some journalistic integrity and print the truth if they know it.

And Guilbeau does suck, but Miles asking/telling reporters to lie for him is wrong.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Sounds like he's just pissed that Miles didn't give him an exclusive injury interview...

Sounds like sour grapes if you ask me...

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

just keep cheering for LSU to win, b/c when they do, it really gets to him. i was watching sports monday after the miss st game and he was on there and when they talked about LSU's domination he was noticeably uncomfortable. he looked like i do when florida wins.

so basically if you sincerely don't like it when LSU is winning you are the enemy no matter what state you write in.

if you're not a tiger, you're tiger bait!!

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Guilbeau lost his job at the Advocate because of complaints from the readers. So . . . write Gannett and the editors of the Alexandria, Shreveport, and Lafayette papers and complain about Guilbeau. Do it often and do it now. Before we know it he'll be writing in Minot covering the University of Southern North Dakota at Hoople.

Losing State University is WAY over the line for a guy that is suposed to be covering the Tigers for Tiger fans. We don't have to take this crap.

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I thought the "don't trust anyone over 30" syndrom went out in the 70's. What a jerk.

6. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

Ditto! He's desperately trying to get his name back in play around here. He's not worth reading. I would suggest contacting the papers that his columns are printed in and make a complaint. Tried using his column as paper when house breaking a puppy and the dog refused to go on it. Must have been the smell coming from its content.:cool:

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Zactly. There are ways to use information and the media to advantage without asking them to breach their principles. I think Coach Miles should reevaluate his statements and take a more enlightened approach - give them enough to keep them asking good questions, but protect the team.

Doubt can be a weapon.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i'm gonna have to report you to the aspca. that's puppy abuse!

:hihi:

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

If people would let the newpaper editors know that they will not read or buy their paper because of him, and Miles were to decide to ban him from the locker room,(maybe for making statements like Lying State University) etc. MAYBE he will get the message.:geauxtige

10. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

Lying State University? That's the best he can come up with?

He's like a parody of himself; surely writing something as blunt, childish, and baseless as "Lying State University" was meant to be over the top, and that he's trying way to hard to act like an ass rile us up...

1 person likes this.