Guitar Players Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Pretty cool. I haven't gotten into trying alternate tunings yet

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Do you know the name of the software?

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Fender Fuse
    (or something like that).

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

once you have the software downloaded, just plug your computer to the amp.

from the software, you can manually add and adjust the effects. (pre amp, post amp, pedals, etc. )

or if you prefer, there is a different website to download the pre-made tones.
    just use that websites search feature and search a song.

typically, there are multiple tones available per song.
    I usually grab the one with highest ratings and download count.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

691ABD80-C12B-4D93-8ADD-B451D399FB4A.jpeg

here’s a screenshot of the software.

the blue ribbon on top left is where you can select tones you have downloaded/saves on your computer.

the white ribbon in upper left is where you can manually choose a different amp.
    each knob can be manually adjusted.

along bottom of the screen, to the left of the lil amp is banks to add up to 4 pedals.
    to the right you have 4 banks for pre or post amp effects.

a lot of the pedals and effects and stuff is beyond my very limited knowledge of guitar gear.
    so i usually stick to the tones i get online instead.

as an example “Come as You Are” by Nirvana sounds freaking amazing on my Les Paul.
    still sounds good on my Strat, but the humbukers of the Les Paul just sound closer to original.

Fishhead likes this.
  6. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

There are plenty of apps you can actually download on your IPhone. There is an adaptor you plug into your guitar and plug headphones in to. I'll take a pic when I'm home and post the name of the app also. These things let you set up drum and bass lines, you can also record rhythm tracks and then play solos over. Technology has come a long way from back in the day playing my Marshall JCM800. I never really use it because if I decide to play I'm usually using my half stack but it would make it very easy to play anywhere that you bring your guitar.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I use Band in a Box for that. You can make tracks to play solos over or to play rhythm over. You have control over which instruments play in the track. Some tracks have piano and/or horns. The Realtracks are bits of music recorded by studio musicians as opposed to the MIDI tracks. You can set up chord progressions in different styles and I like that you can see the chord changes as the tracks play.

Below is a track I made using the Texas Blues Rock Shuffle style. Kind of has an SRV feel to it.

upload_2017-9-27_10-55-17.png Be

8. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

That's really cool.. I've never used the adaptor I bought so if anyone from the forum would like to try it I'll ship it to where ever, just gimme your address in a message. I'll still post a pic of the brand.

Is it possible to post videos on here?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For a YouTube video just copy the url of the video and past it into the reply box. TF's Xenforo software will add the media tags as soon as you post it.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well I was cruising along but somehow got my index finger of my left hand hung up in a cleat on my brother in laws boat a few weeks ago. I didnt realize how bad it was until I tried to make a C chord.

Its difficult enough to teach and old dog a new trick, when you factor in kids and work and all the other shit that takes you away from practice its almost impossible. Now the injury won't even let me do that but Im stubborn as hell and won't give up.