Guitar Players Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Anybody got any good backing tracks? Lot's on youtube. I've been working on some solo licks my teacher wanted me to learn. The solo is from ACDC You Shook Me which I really wasn't that interested in but I worked on it anyway. Playing it from the tabs until I learned it and then from memory it always sounded mechanical because I was just thinking too much. I just played the same licks (with my own variations as they came up) to this slow blues backing track in G and I nailed it. It's much easier when you stop thinking too much and just get into the music.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I just bought this stat and Marshall about an hour ago. $500 for the both. Amp is 175 watts so I won't be able to crank it up except when I'm home alone in the daytime.
    [​IMG]

TigerTap likes this.
  3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Just curious, what was this space before it was your music room?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That was the picture from the Craigslist ad. It was a young guy from Mandeville so that's probably from his house. He brought it to Baton Rouge so I didn't see his place.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I hadn't decided what I really wanted first to upgrade from my Squier but I look at the Craigslist ads from time to time to see what's there. I had thought I would have to pay at least $1000 to get a really good guitar. I wasn't looking for an amp but for $500 for the both I pulled the trigger figuring I could sell the amp or something. I played using the Marshall for the first time and there ain't no way I'm parting with it. It's a tube amp and the sound is so much better than my Fender Mustang it's amazing.

TigerTap likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I didn't know what the hell all those knobs and buttons did but good old YouTube to the rescue.

tirk likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Wikipedia says 5'5." I met him and he was not 5'10 but probably not as short as 5'5. I would say maybe 5'7" or 5'8."

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Just noticed that you replied to my post on the Music thread on the Guitar players thread. I hope this doesn't mean that there is a virus in the multi-quote function.

shane0911 likes this.