Guitar Players Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Sep 21, 2017.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Had me confused until I read this

2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

It's not a tube amp. But it is a very, very good solid state amp. It does get a good Marshall sound, though. I agree, it's a huge upgrade from a Fender Mustang amp.

I found ar video that goes over the amp & what it can do. He doesn't play any SRV, but worth a look. Anyway, congrats on the Marshall!

Bengal B likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The guy I bought it from told be it was a tube. I didn't know if Marshall had ever made a tube but this one sounded like it.

4. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

He may not have known himself? You said he was a young dude? Marshall is known for their British tube amps. Just about all of the major artist use or have used them. Marshall Plexi heads, JCMs etc. all tube amps. Zeppelin, Guns 'n Roses, Hendrix etc. (Not sure if you meant Marshall in general, or just combo amp, but they have built a couple combo tube amps)

[​IMG]

But seriously, the amp you just got is an ass kicker! Imo, one of the best solid state amps out there. It's not tube, but definitely gets that Marshall sound. It does sound very close to tube. A friend of mine bought one a few years ago. Thing sounds fricking amazing in both distortion & clean mode. He mostly uses it along with a Mesa Boogie tube amp. Gets kind of a Marshall /Boogie mix.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The guy didn't have anything about the guitar either. You can see the neck looks like a Gibson and there are only 2 knobs instead of the standard 3 on a strat. I showed it to a guy at the Baton Rouge Music exchange. He said it was a limited editiom that was manufactured that way by Fender in 2005.

Well, I was going to post the pics I took with my phone but got a file too large error message.

TigerTap likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I like the fact that it has a CD input. I can connect it to an mp3 player to play backing tracks.

I wasn't looking for an amp this good yet but after playing with it for a couple of weeks I love it.

TigerTap likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Absolutely amazing, you can speak so knowledgeable and coherently about a guitar yet so clueless about football.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I use a free app called photo resizer. Works perfectly to solve this problem.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thanks, I'll try it. Why don't you video and post some of the good music from your 4th of July jam?