Guitar Players Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i bought a fake chinese les paul, some call the chinese gibson the "chibson". i also have a real les paul and they are pretty much exactly the same in terms of quality. i heartily endorse buying fake les pauls from china.

when it arrived it had a fake brandname on the headstock. but the paint was like the stuff on a scratch off lottery ticket. i just rubbed it a bit and soon enough it said gibson and looked perfect. i guess the fake brand was to get through customs. my fake is a tigerburst and it looks amazing. plays great too. thanks ching chongs

3. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Your Chibson is pretty much exactly the same in terms quality as your "Real Les Paul"? I seriously doubt you have a real Gibson Les Paul. Your Chibson post is probably the dumbest post in a guitar thead, ever.

Gibson Les Paul's don't have 3 or 4 piece bodies. Plus you don't need functioning truss rod, right? The horn is even a different shape. Anyone buying a "Chibson" has to replace everything electronic, pickups, pots, wiring etc. and all of the other Dollar Tree appointments like the damn cheap ass toggle switch & even the jack. How do you like likely maple 3 piece neck or the "Fretwork from Hell"? Flametop huh? It's a nice photoflame "Tigerburst" veneer. Cheap veneer at that. Then you must remove the terrible pot metal quality Fake Kluson tuners, off because it can't keep it in tune.

At this point 2 things should become clear:

#1 You get exactly what you pay for

#2 With the money you just spent rebulding your brand new "Chibson", you could have purchased a real guitar, as there are plenty of good & legitimate guitars in the $600 - $900 range. Not even mentioning the Used Guitar market.

unclenick likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you know very little about the state of the fake chinese guitar market. truss rod works great. horn is perfect shape, not sure how you would know what shape my guitar is, you havent seen it. no 3 piece neck. its not a veneer its solid wood.

i dont need to buy a "legit" guitar i already have a nice collection of them.

5. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

7. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

There is a real difference between a guitar luthier & someone who is trying to sell these cheap knock off products. "Awesome..like Slash, easy fix, like Slash, this is cheap, that's cheap, this isn't right, but again not a big deal."

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

when you say mine has no functioning truss rod, did you learn that when you snuck in my house and messed around with it? did you steal anything?

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is your Les Miles bobblehead missing?

kcal and shane0911 like this.
  10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No but it’s stained.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.