Guitar Players Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Sep 21, 2017.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Its for my kid. I might get the distortion pedal instead. He has some cheap shit right now, not even sure what but he is getting a new amp as well. We bout to tear some shit up O'r hehr

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

new amps is next on our list too
    love my Mustang, but i saw recently that Fender has a newer more advanced setup that you can use your phone for settings.

i may get myself one of those and pass my Mustang down to one son and pick up a new one for the other.

then all 3 of us complete non-players can really make some racket

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Part of the reason I bpught my Mustang was things you said in this thread. I love it. At first I couldn't ever get quite the sound I wanted with the amp's presets but when I downloaded a few user made ones it's a lot closer.

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

oh i absolutely LOVE that thing.
    Lil Nootch seems to have confiscated it from me though.
    and Short Kid’s el-cheapo 10 Watt Ibanez only works when it wants to.

i’ll hoping the newer ones (forget what exactly they called) are an upgrade from the Mustang, i may have to go that route.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Y'all crack me up a little bit. I hang out with a lot of professional guitar players. Most of them are using the same amps that they have been using for 25+ years. About the only new stuff I have seen them get is new PA's for vocals. Y'all seem to have amp ADD lol.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

well in my defense, i do not have fewer fully functioning amps (1) than i do people using them (3) right now, so i kinda need a couple.

7. KyleK

lol. Just busting on y'all.

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

If y'all play at the same time in the shed...it may solve the rat problem and we'll never see the rat thread again.

...best thread ever !!!!

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Those guys were probably professionals 25 years ago. They found the amps that made the sounds they wanted to make years ago. It is natural to want to upgrade your equipment as you get better. I started with a $60 10 watt Fender Frontman. It was OK for a beginner but as I got better I was increasingly more frustrated at not being able to get the kinds of tones I wanted. And a lot depends on what you want to play. If you mainly play acoustic you can be satisfied with an amp that accurately reproduces the sound of the guitar.

Jimmy Page is somewhat of an audio equipment designer. A lot of those great Zeppelin sounds you hear are because of what he was able to design, build and implement. Not saying that any of us will ever be as good as Jimmy, Jimi, Eric, Duane or SRV but most of us would love to get as close as possible within the limits of our ability. And the limits of our musical equipment budgets.

KyleK likes this.
  10. KyleK

Again, just bustin y'all's chops.