Gun Control

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jun 12, 2011.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Hey! Gun Nuts. The original post was a joke. Funny. See? Hell, I own a shotgun and rifle but, Damn! You guys should be in Montana or something.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

funny? in fsa? nothing is ******** funny in fsa. this is to argue and try to kill each other. you know, sworn liberal/conservative enemies. bad blood. hatfields and mccoys.

now get yor damn gun and get in here and help shoot up da joint, hoss!

:D

3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Yeah I know it was.. I got a better one...

Little Johnny was at school. The assignment that day was for the kids to tell a short story, then tell the moral of the story. Lucy stood up first and told her story:

"I was leaving the store one day and the milk jug slipped out of the bag and broke. Milk went everywhere and I was very upset. I went back to the clerk and told him, and he gave me another bottle and everything was ok..... The moral of the story: Don't cry over spilled milk".

The teacher said, "Very good!" and she sat down. Johnny's friend Timmy was next..

"I was coming home from the store and crashed my bike. I had the groceries in the basket on the handlebars and all the eggs got broken..... The moral of the story: Don't put all of your eggs in one basket"

The teacher commended Timmy on a job well done and he sat down. Then it was Little Johnny's turn..

"My daddy was in Afghanistan and was trapped in a fox hole with 10,000 angry rag-heads surrounding him. All he had was his rifle, one magazine, a combat knife, one grenade, and a fifth of Jack Daniels... and he survived."

The teacher said, "Oh my, Johnny! That's an interesting story indeed.. What's the moral of the story?"

Johnny looked a the teacher and said, "Don't f*ck with daddy when he's been drinkin'."

See? That joke was much better. :thumb:

But yeah, I guess it's kind of unheard of to have more than 3 consecutive posts in a thread in FSA without someone being called a redneck bible-thumping republican or a mindless dirty stinking liberal hippie. Did I violate the ToS or something? :hihi:

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yeah I was thinking the same. When you grow up around guns you respect it but it's not something you even think about. Except maybe getting a new rifle for the upcoming season. These people sound like kooks although probably kooks I'd hang out with.

What % of people that will use a gun in self defense will then have their survival determined by caliber, shot grouping etc.

Less than .01%?

But i like guns. Shoot em up Cletus.

5. Swerved

I grew up around guns (mostly rifles). And you're right I never much thought about the details. Later on when I bought my first pistol, I decided to refresh my knowledge of the subject.

You'd be quite surprised at how many people that "grew up around guns" don't know jack chit about what they're shooting, and couldn't hit center of mass from 20 feet if their life depended on it, which at that distance it likely would.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If he's 20 feet away, I'm hauling ass for cover first, because he ain't likely to hit me at 20 feet either. Not if I'm moving.

7. Swerved

Actually, what you said is probably the best move from 20' out. Buy yourself some time.

Hell, I'm not even worried about the badguy with a gun. Most of those idiots are the people that don't take the time to learn how to use their weapon. They think that if you hold it sideways like on tv, you'll hit anything you aim at, and you'll look cool on top of that.

For some interesting reading, look up the 21-foot rule. Basically says that within 21 feet, a charging attacker can (typically) get to you before you can draw and shoot, meaning before you squeeze the first shot off you can get gutted with a buck knife if that's what the bad guy has. This is why many people do practice at that distance. I'd further elaborate but for fear that if I do, someone will report me to the feds for being a little too knowledgeable about guns and such, and black helicopters would be buzzing over my house when I get home. :rofl:

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

if you wear your tinfoil helmet the black helicopters cannot find you.

9. Swerved

I say let em find me me.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Besides, any conspiracy theory nut worth his salt knows that the tin foil makers are in bed with them. The foil has nano-sized homing beacons embedded in it.:yelwink2: