Gun Control

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jun 12, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Do you ever travel? People have been carjacked, robbed and killed in National Forest campgrounds in the middle of nowhere. When banjos start playing in Georgia, I will be Burt Reynolds and you will be squealing like a pig.

When I pull into a highway rest area after midnight, I wear a pistol on my belt. There are scumbags who look for victims there. I want to be seen as armed and dangerous.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Is your dope delivered or do you have to wander into questionable neighborhoods to get it? Your attitude is going to get you hurt one day.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

thank you. but a bitch that has good aim. :D

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Because I have two small kids. Should I only be afraid of animate objects? Perhaps I should have said, "having guns in my house scares me". And yes, I'm aware of gun safes etc., but people with gun safes mistakenly leave them out.

I'm a numbers guy and there is a high probability of someone in my house getting hurt with a gun than of someone bypassing my alarm and breaking into my house to harm me.

I hate barack obama too.

I am trained. I've shot guns my whole life. It doesn't change my perception of them and the odds of needing it versus having an injury in my family.

And just so you know, I think if you want to carry a gun or ten guns, good for you. I just choose not too. Not trying to push my opinion on you, just stating why I don't own a gun.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

for me it is always delivery. my dealer lives on my block and arrives in minutes. (i dont smoke pot but my guests often do.)

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Here's a scenario for you and it's not hypothetical:

One of your "guests" gets busted for possession. The cop tells him "look, I think you're a good kid and I don't want you to have this on your record. Give me a few names and this goes away." Your guest, "Joe Canary" begins to sing and one of the names he gives the guy is martin. Your next "guest" won't be there for a party.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

well, these "guests" are women. the fellas can get their own pot from their own dealers.

and they can give my name all they want. i dont possess or smoke pot, so the evidence against me will be pretty slim. i buy a small amount from my guy and my guests smoke it and keep it. ther is no pot in my home unless my friend is smoking it. good luck to the cops who wanna bust me for the pot i never have.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i wouldnt man up, or protect what is mine. its such a hassle to have a gun. you have to get a safe, or a little trigger lock or whatever, then make sure you can get to the gun in time when the bad guys come, and maybe keep the gun loaded, i dunno, and make sure guests never find it and mess with it, and generally be really responsible. then you have to go get it and aim it a bad guy and maybe shoot him before he shoots you in some crazy gun battle.

i would prefer to just go back to sleep and let the negro have my stuff. i dont even really own anything nice.

nobody can get into my place anyways. i live on the third floor, you cant get in my windows. and i have to buzz you in like on seinfeld.

9. red55

How could you?

Only if you have kids. I have loaded weapons all over the house.

10. red55

Narc.