Gun Control

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jun 12, 2011.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It would be a far bigger hassle than owning a gun would.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'd say it will probably go something like this:

"please please large scary person, please don't rape my wife" "please just leave us alone"

I hope it never happens to him, just sayin.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's not as big a worry as forgetting to lock your gun safe.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

SF ignores all topics on which I am right of center. It hurts his lame argument that I am a liberal.

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Quote of the year! May I use this quote in the future? A bumper sticker would be great!

"Deterrence works, buddy. We don't have a lot of home invasions in the USA because the perp's know that the shotgun-to-white boy ratio is very high."by gunslinger red!

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

A guy I work with everyday has a cousin that lives next door to him. A couple years ago she went to her 10 year class reunion. After the reunion she left to meet some friends at a bar where a band was playing. She was alone because her husband was working nights. She was attacked in the parking lot. She was pushed into a suv and raped. They broke her back, crushed her cheek bone and broke her pelvis. She spent several days in the hospital. She isn't the same person. She had a career and two small children.
    After this happened , my wife decided to allow me to buy her a gun. She never wanted one before. She thought she would never need it. This changed her mind. After she spoke with the girl that was attacked she was ready to learn to shoot. She has a s& w 38 special subnose that goes everywhere with her. She will not be a victim.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A former girlfriend of mine was largely anti-gun with small kids in the house, but during the serial killer scare she went out and bought a 357 magnum revolver! She went to the range and took the course, too. When the serial killer was caught, he had been living a block and a half from her house.

That . . . was creepy.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Damn a 357 mag! That's not usually a ladies sidearm. A 38 is perfect. It has little recoil, mild report compaired to a 357 and is lightweight. My 357 sub shoots out a three foot flame , is very loud and will jump out your hand if you don't hold on. I didn't want her to have a automatic. A revolver is safer to handle and less likely to misfire. A 38 special has enough stopping power and there are plenty of quality rounds yo chose from. She's not afarid at all of her smith and wesson. I wouldn't want to be the fool that messes with her on the Natchez trace at a restroom when she's on her way to vist her mom. She will shoot your ass no doubt. Sometimes I wish I wouldn't have taught her how to shoot.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

cops dont go around arresting folks that dont smoke pot or own any pot because some pothead told them to.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i cant stand it any more. i have to say this. snub nose.

ok, im better.