Gun Laws

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 17, 2011.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It wouldn't be a deterrent to gun abuse. It would be a deterrent to being crazy, for which there is no deterrent.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm tired of people using crazy as an excuse for crap like that. Of course the dude is crazy, so are alot of people that don't go shooting people. What sickens me is there is going to be some lawyer that will defend this douchebag and try to get him off for reasons of insanity.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Don't misunderstand me. I'm all for offing the dude in the most painful way possible. It just won't deter any of the other loons out there.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

(... don't look at me, you're the one that said there's no practical use...)

Just like I could (and did) argue that a killer could do the same, and one has. The Va Tech shooter killed how many people? How long did that spree last? How many people intervened when he was reloading? You can put a guy in a room with 100 people and 100 rounds, in pre-loaded low capacity mags. Sure, it's easy to talk a good game about intervening, but are you going to be the first guy to try the first time he reloads? People talk the good talk, but aren't always able to act on it when the time comes.

Well, I used to think the concept of being forced into paying health insurance lest be criminalized for it was absurd too. To each his own. And again, let's get one thing straight... I think for me, not the NRA. I'm not a member nor do I really care for the organization. Is it so hard to conceive that an individual can have an opinion of his own without saying "(inset special interest group) made you think that way"? Nevermind, I already know your answer, and the liberal media makes you think that way..

Yeah, and that's got nothing to do with the fact that Mexico and its government has been flushed even further down the toilet of bankruptcy and corruption in the last 10 years than it's ever been.

So anyway if gun-runners are exploiting already existing laws, Then punish the gun-runners, severely. Identify them, lock them up, and throw away the key.

By the way, California is 2nd on the list for the highest number of guns getting into Mexico from a state.

“The top ten source states for supplying crime guns to Mexico in 2009 were Texas (2076 guns), California (1011), Arizona (690), New Mexico (173), Florida (113), Colorado (100), Oklahoma (90), Illinois (84), Nevada (56), and North Carolina (56).”
    - as per the ATF

Those tough gun laws and extended magazine bans are really doing the trick there, aren't they?

Have you been paying attention, Billy? That's exactly what I said in a post earlier. We agree here..

5. Swerved

We agree here. Crazy or not, he needs to go...

6. LaSalleAve

I also think they should bring the duel back. If 2 people have differences, let them duel. And film it.

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

:rofl:

8. Swerved

I was always kinda partial to the gladiator thing, but sure..

But the question begs to be asked... If you're of the opinion that we need stricter gun laws to save lives, how can you condone gun violence and death to solve peoples' petty differences? :wave:

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Enacting more gun laws doesn't seem prudent. There are thousands of pages of them already in the books. Maybe we should determine if the programs we have in place to enforce those regulations are effective before we create new laws. Having the law is simply not enough. There has to be a process in place to support its enforcement. Once we have made a conclusion on the effectiveness we can identify the causes in any noted breakdowns and address issues from there.

To put it more simply if a process doesn't work making the process more robust will not improve it.

10. LaSalleAve

If 2 people are willing participants, how can you be against it? I'm a very strange person also, and I can't even explain what goes through my f'd up mind at times....:)

but seriously, i'm not against guns, i just want to see people who have no business owning them locked up forever if they break the rules.