Gurley suspended indefinitely

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by wjray, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sucks for the fans, sucks for the team but doesn't suck all that much for Gurley. Sure, it could cost him the Heisman but he is already assured of being a first round or at least an early second round pick. Unless he gets injured. Sitting out the rest of the season wouldn't affect his draft status one bit and just might keep him from getting hurt.

GregLSU likes this.
  2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I think he goes top 10 and for sure he is avoiding injury. But he's a baller. There is nothing about sitting out right now that feels good to him.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

tirk likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Unlike Jadaveon Clowney

6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Andrew Joseph of AzCentral Sports is saying Jameis Winston is linked to the same authenticator (James Spence Authentication) as Gurley, has 113 items for sale.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So Gurley only got about 85 cents per item. He got ripped off

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

LOL. Wonder when Jameis is suspended for this?

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That dude is a lil bitch. I believe it's the same authenticator who was tied to AJ Green. He had a store in Georgia and I believe he's about to get sued by UGa for copyright infringement. I hate to see Gurley miss any more games and I think Richt is acting like a pussy but the best thing that I hope comes out of this is for schools and the NCAA to stop making money off athlete's backs while the athletes are getting nothing but schollie money.

Meanwhile, things are business as usual in Tallahassee. "University administrators and Winston’s attorney, Tim Jansen, had a head start on the state attorney in Tallahassee responsible for investigating and prosecuting serious crimes. Florida State administrators, for instance, had all the police reports at least four days before State Attorney Willie Meggs was handed the case." Pretty sure jameis is playing right now.

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I can understand the sympathy for student athletes getting better stipends, like maybe a larger food budget, or materials budget, etc. But to say "while the athletes are getting nothing but schollie money". Is just ridiculous. Those schollies amount to a lot of money, and give a lot of these guys who can't spell cat, get a degree that could ultimately give them a better life down the road, and for the athletes who will one day make millions in the pros, that schollie was a life saver.

I can not afford to go to a Univ, but I had good ACT/SAT scores, but didn't qualify for a schollie, and would've had to, would have to go the student loan route. In this economy, 10s of thousands of dollars in student loans could be detrimental. I honestly think if they sell anything for $10, they broke the rules, they know it, they deserve the consequences. Student athletes need to learn they're not above the system or rules.