Guys...I am beginning to wonder about TF...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I too have noticed many more threads disappearing all of a sudden with the new mods on the job.

I think TE brings up a very valid point.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Dude...Are you still not sure? I mean...Could it be anymore obvious? Am I not the ultimate speak-my-minder non-walk-behinder here?

3. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I can understand the deletion of threads that are created with malice, or intent to injure. What I can not understand, nor do I support is turning a blind eye to a possible situation that could or could not have occured, especially when this rumor comes from a rather pertinent and trustworthy source. Within many academic institutions their are problems, and without these problems being brought to the publics attention and a discussion about these problems, we are doomed to repeat this vicious cycle.

In reference to TE's post... it could have served a higher purpose, that is leaving it up. I believe that alot of athletes at LSU and many other university log on to these sites to get "the fans perspective". If the *unnamed* player were to log on and see how his fans felt about a possible situation, he may rethink the way he conducts himself. To athletes, the way their fan base views them, is very important and when used correctly, can possibly turn a Cecil into a Whitworth without the fans even knowing it.

Just because a post tells us something we don't want to hear, doesn't mean that we shouldn't be able to decide for ourselves, how much or how little we agree or believe it.

4. TigerEducated

If I weren't cursed with being the most long-winded typer in LSU Message Board history, this is what I would have typed in the body of my original post.

Thanks, KTeam...For all those who can't stand to read my bloviating...See this quote...

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

TE unsure of what? I am quite sure I am apathetic to your cause.

and I dont think there is a position/ poster here with that title. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to KNOw you wouldn't be him/her.

I didn't delete your posts.
    I have an idea, why not approach a Moderator about it?

Don't take this as a slam that you posted your opinion. I am glad you did, it is apparent others agree with you. Rave on. or whatever it takes to tickle you pink. Meanwhile I can enjoy the posts for the comical side of them, free society works that way.

good luck in your future posts.

6. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I agree....this is a great site and I would hate to see it head south...

7. TigerEducated

Get over yourself...You-nor my comments to you-aren't the point of the thread....You're trying to hijack this...Just send me a PM...I was surprised you were so thickheaded you didn't take it for granted that I wouldn't just come out of left field with a point like this in a thread....

Then you posted something-yet again-as if you were still unsure...Then you go back and edit trying to cut me down, like I'm some 5th grader at recess and you're trying to make your friends laugh...Who cares?

Get this...YOU ARE NOT THE POINT OF THIS THREAD. Stop responding...Let it stand on its own...Send me a PM or a postcard...

:)

8. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Good post. It is a great site. Greenie on the way if it will let me. :hihi:

9. philter

philter Founding Member

The key is to promote people who are experienced moderators. With all due respect, being a fan of LSU athletics and having 4,000 posts is not an indication of how someone can moderate a forum. It takes a certain set of social skills to be able to determine what is appropriate and what is not - and what you do to posts/posters once that determination has been made.

You don't want to delete anything unless it is expressly against the rules - doing so will undermine your members and create a negative impression that will spread from user to user and cause problems down the line. You have to know when to move, when to edit, when to delete, and when to ban.

Banning should always be the very last option. Even opposing teams' fans who come here to start stuff should not be banned right off the bat - give them fair warning, by editing in your warning over their offending post, and see where that takes you. If they legitimately want to be a part of this forum, they will abide by that warning, else you proceed another way.

As long as the rules are set forth and are clear, and the moderators read, understand, and abide by them, there should be no problems. It is inevitable that certain moderators interpret the rules differently than others, but that is why you have to choose them more carefully.

I help moderate a site with over 40,000 members, so I know a little about things spiralling out of control, both with members and with moderators heh. There will always be trouble makers, but moderators are supposed to create an environment where the legitimate posters can interact in the most efficient, friendly, and informative manner possible. That, ultimately, is the job of the moderator - not to 'delete and move stuff'.

10. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Who are the new mods? I must have missed that???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.