Guys...I am beginning to wonder about TF...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I am not sure why the new moderators are specifically being called out here, but maybe we should ALL refresh ourselves with the following info. I know the moderators let a lot go (I have not deleted many threads at all), and we cannot police every single thing here (pictures, etc). Most of what I see get deleted actually deserve to be for various reasons (language, personal attacks, rival fans being overly obnoxious). We are not"Nazis" as one of you has suggested, we are just trying to make sure the rules are not overly abused. I would be happy to answer any questions via PM or email, as I am sure the other moderators and Brett would as well.

TigerForums.com User Agreement
    TigerForums.com is NOT AFFILIATED with LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY.

By viewing and/or posting messages on TigerForums.com you acknowledge you understand and agree to the terms stated below.

TigerForums.com reserves the right to modify this user agreement at any time without prior notice. TigerForums.com reserves the right to decide who views, registers, participates and posts on the forum. TigerForums.com also reserves the right to terminate the "membership" and participation privileges of anyone at any time for any reason.

Everything you read and post is OPINION. NOTHING should be construed as FACT.
    The views expressed on this forum by members or moderators, in no way reflect the opinions of TigerForums.com nor its owner(s). TigerForums.com provides this forum "as is" and does not make any claim or warrant as to the accuracy or validity of user’s posts, information or credentials.
    Do not post copyrighted material unless you have the express permission of the owner to do so. If you are the owner of copyrighted material posted on TigerForums.com and you would like it removed, please contact us at [email protected] and we will remove it immediately.
    Do not knowingly post false, defamatory or libelous statements or information. If you do not know what these terms mean, consult legal counsel. Do not register or post unless you understand these terms.
    You are responsible and liable for everything you post (write) on TigerForums.com.
    TigerForums.com also reserves the right to reveal your identity or whatever information we know about you in the event of a complaint or legal action.
    Do not SPAM. (post a lot of useless garbage.)
    NO Trolling- Do not post inflamatory thread for the sake of merely illiciting a response.
    NO Forum Stalking- Do not follow other members around from thread to thread to harass them.
    NO shock posts.
    NO "calling members out".
    No advertising or posting links to competing websites. They don't allow it so we can't either.
    No pyramid schemes, chain letters, or solicitations of any kind.
    No posting of personal information such as phone numbers, address', etc.
    No disparaging personal comments about players or recruits.
    Do not register a username that is obscene, vulgar, a personal name that isn't your own, or random characters (dk47gd8h).
    Do not create a post asking that a member be banned or that a post be deleted. Please contact us at [email protected] or use the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of each message.
    If you have a problem with the way this forum is operated, it's policies, moderators, deletions or any other issues do not post your dissatisfaction publicly, send an email to [email protected].
    Just because something may not be listed here doesn't mean it is allowed. Use common sense and let's make TigerForums.com a fun, friendly and dignified forum where all LSU fans can share opinions, news and stories.

If a member violates this user agreement or posts something inappropriate please contact us at [email protected] and we will look into it.

Questions? E-mail us at [email protected]

RIVAL FANS MUST READ
    One of the aspects that makes this board so great is that we not only allow but encourage fans of opposing schools to post their thoughts and opinions. With that in mind, the most important thing to understand is that you are a visitor here in our home.

Visiting fans do not have the same privileges as LSU fans here.

Since this is an LSU fan forum and not a forum created for whichever team you happen to root for, you might read things that aren't complimentary to your favorite team. This is a community of fans with varying opinions; Some nice and some not. If you can disagree respectfully, please do so. If not, it is probably best to just ignore the message and move on.

As a courtesy, TigerForums.com has created a “Smack” forum for the LSU fans that enjoy engaging in smack-talk. The Tiger Smack forum is more permissive than The Tiger's Den but in the end, what is deleted and what is allowed to stay lies exclusively at the discretion of the TigerForums.com moderators. If these guidelines do not suit you, we have included a list of links to the best SEC school fan forums we know of at the top of this page. Most have similar guidelines created in the interest of the fans of your favorite team.

Forum Etiquette Tips

Please try to...

Disagree respectfully.
    Not engage in name-calling.
    Treat opposing fans with civility unless their behavior warrants otherwise.
    When posting articles from other sources, tease it. Just post a paragraph or two from the article and a link to the original article. This gives the reader a taste of what the article is about and the option to continue reading it at the source.
    Use the * symbol when you're not posting a message.
    Limit the amount of foul language.
    Try to use short, accurate descriptions in your subject headings.
    When responding to particular comment from someone, use the "quote" feature so others will know what you're referring to.
    Unless it's really big news or something you're REALLY excited about, please don't POST IN ALL CAPS!
    Be considerate of the people who are accessing TigerForums.com via a slow Internet connection. Keep the Sig-pics reasonable and if you are posting many images, please advise so in your subject line.
    BACK TO FRONT PAGE BACK TO REGISTRATION PAGE

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

PS...I love all of you guys! :grin: :thumb: :geaux:

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Very true. By my guesstimation, Brett alone makes at least a third of all deletions.

I merge more threads than I delete.

Here's a challenge I'd like to make to all TF users: please consider using the exact titles of the articles you post. People can then more easily search and find articles before they post.

It would help us curtail those multiple threads on a single topic problem we have during busy usage periods and also lessen the need to merge or delete duplicates.

4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

No, just thought it inappropriate that you post a thread from a website as toxic and disgusting as collegefootballtalk.com.

What's next, articles fromt he Weekly World News?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.