GWB under attack by his own party

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by southerntgr, Feb 25, 2012.

1. southerntgr

southerntgr Veteran Member

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I would absolutely hate being a Republican right now. I am not being a smart ass; I'm serious. They have no candidate who can match Obama's charisma, they have no new ideas in their party platform, their nomination process has turned to cannibalism. I just don't see how any of their current candidates can truly challenge Obama in November.

It's actually too bad because the country could genuinely use an honest debate between two opposing visions for the country that are well articulated. Unfortunately we are not going to get that.

3. southerntgr

Agree, I was just surprised to see them throw GWB under the bus. He is beloved by so many repubs or so I thought. Yet, people can't understand that Pres. Obama has to fix GWB's 8 years of mess up's and expect him to fix everything GWB screwed up in 4 years.

Hey Bush, there was no WMD. There was no reason to go to war which cost us millionS

1 person likes this.
  4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

My biggest beef with Obama is with his drug addiction. Can't believe we voted a nicotine addict in the White House. I wonder if the oval office has that disgusting cigarette smell.

A big dilemma would have been if Gingrich would have won the nomination. I can't vote for an obese candidate either, someone with no self-control or self-respect.

5. southerntgr

wow, you just put cigarettes under there with drug addictions like crack and heroin which are illegal. I hate cigarettes myself but that was a stretch. One could argue that soda or coffee is an addiction.

6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I did not equate a nicotine addiction to crack or heroin. But, still, its a powerful addiction that ruins health and kills. I simply could not vote someone in the Whitehouse with the habit.

7. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

Obama does not have to participate in a honest debate as long as he has charisma.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

All they would have to do is ditch the social conservatives and legalize gay marriage, and legalize pot, and boom. But they just have to keep those poor poor idiots who have been brainwashed into thinking people like Marc Emery are the bad guys, and Tommy Chong are the bad guys.

This is the way I see it. As long as the Republican party supports these crazy ass social conservatives, who are the most judgemental bastards on the planet, and want to prohibit anything and everything that they disagree with, the Republican Party is in real trouble. If they can't beat a black man, who's name is almost Osama and has Hussein in his name also???? What does that tell you? And this dude is f'ing our country up.

Ditch social conservatism, and watch the GOP come back.

And I think I just read someone talk about Cigs and how that is enough to not vote for someone. Wow. Maybe he likes cigarettes. Maybe he eats right, and excercises, and doesn't eat fatty foods, and cheezeburgers. What a disgusting habit that would be. Let's not vote for the next guy who eats a cheezeburger. Or drinks alcohol. Or does cociane, Oh wait, America elected both of those guys to 4 straight terms. What a ridiculous notion. How about not voting for someone because they just suck? Because of their policy. Because of them trying to strip the rights of the citizens of this country.

9. southerntgr

yes you did. you said he had a drug addiction. Nicotine, while bad for you and others, is not a drug. You don't need a presciption for it.

10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Nicotine is a drug (very common usage verified by the dictionary), and a drug that damages health and kills people. A President is the figurehead for our nation and its shameful when that person is a drug addict. I could not vote for a person with such a glaring flaw. Sorry.

drug (drg)

2. A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction.

2. (Law / Recreational Drugs) a chemical substance, esp a narcotic, taken for the pleasant effects it produces

i use to dip, and quitting was one of the hardest things i've done in my life. and one of the things i'm most proud of.

from Wikipedia:

Modern research shows that nicotine acts on the brain to produce a number of effects. Specifically, research examining its addictive nature has been found to show that nicotine activates the Mesolimbic pathway ("reward system") —the circuitry within the brain that regulates feelings of pleasure and euphoria.[48]
    Dopamine is one of the key neurotransmitters actively involved in the brain. Research shows that by increasing the levels of dopamine within the reward circuits in the brain, nicotine acts as a chemical with intense addictive qualities. In many studies it has been shown to be more addictive than cocaine and heroin.[49][50][51] Like other physically addictive drugs, nicotine withdrawal causes down-regulation of the production of dopamine and other stimulatory neurotransmitters as the brain attempts to compensate for artificial stimulation. As dopamine regulates the sensitivity of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors decreases. To compensate for this compensatory mechanism, the brain in turn upregulates the number of receptors, convoluting its regulatory effects with compensatory mechanisms meant to counteract other compensatory mechanisms. An example is the increase in norepinephrine, one of the successors to dopamine, which inhibit reuptake of the glutamate receptors,[52] in charge of memory and cognition. The net effect is an increase in reward pathway sensitivity, the opposite of other addictive drugs such as cocaine and heroin, which reduce reward pathway sensitivity.[42] This neuronal brain alteration can persist for months after administration ceases.
    A study found that nicotine exposure in adolescent mice retards the growth of the dopamine system, thus increasing the risk of substance abuse during adolescence.[53]