Had to post this

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGOLFER, Mar 2, 2006.

1. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

I know I should not be posting but man you guys are slacking....

John Brady has not been treated well by me. He hasn't. No need to rehash things, but I've been harsh. I was especially harsh after LSU lost at Ohio State on Dec. 31. Turns out, losing in the final seconds at Ohio State -- the Buckeyes are 21-4 and in contention for a No. 1 seed in the 2006 NCAA Tournament -- isn't such a bad thing to do this season.
    Since then, LSU has run roughshod through the SEC, leading the West Division by four games and being assured of no worse than a tie (with the East's Tennessee) for the best league mark in either division.
    I'm not saying John Brady is the SEC Coach of the Year. Even though LSU could finish a game ahead of Tennessee, and even though LSU did beat the Volunteers by 14 points in their only meeting, what Pearl has done this season borders on the unbelievable.
    But I am saying John Brady deserves some serious credit. He lost last season's SEC Player of the Year, sophomore forward Brandon Bass, to the NBA. He lost this season's point guard, junior Tack Minor, to academics and then a knee injury.
    No problem. Brady unleashed unknown freshman Tyrus Thomas at power forward, moved senior shooting guard Darrel Mitchell to the point, and has produced his best season in nine years at LSU.
    LSU has been underrated all season -- No. 21 in both polls? -- but remember this team when you're making out your NCAA Tournament bracket. And remember the coach who got it done.

****EDIT this is not from me, this is from Gregg Doyel, sportwriter for sportsline.

2. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

congrats on winning the sec. what else can you say its no small feat going thru this conference. it was done on a kentucky down year but never the less (coughs almost chokes) brady got it done. but i will reserve any further praise for jb till the ncaas.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Can someone please come pick me up off the floor now? :shock: :lol:

4. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

wow....I cant believe I just read that.

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Well said.
    Coaches who can take their teams to championships deserve huge credit, especially in this new college environment of good but not outstanding talent. There are no more Elvin Hayes, Lew Alcindor or Larry Bird's... not even any Kevin Garrett's or LeBron James'.
    Except for one, maybe two programs, you gotta do it with what you got... and Brady did just that.
    Good job, you guys!!

6. homertiger

homertiger Founding Member

What?
    How can you not say that JB is SEC coach of the year?:dis:
    He has the youngest team in the SEC and they just won the SEC outright.

7. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

lmao....I knew you'd be back before the week was up, but I didn't expect it to be with a good thread...does this mean you approve now? ;)

8. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I just got back from the dr's office. Upper resp. infection.....thought I saw golfer and poksausage being nice about Brady.....I'm sicker than I thought. I think I's gowin to go to the ER. Wish I had taken out that burial policy last week.:bncry:

9. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

note that this is not his opinion... see the edit at the bottom of the post. It was far too intelligent and had no misspelled words to be gofer. Although in the distance I saw what appeared to be an olive branch that was coupled with a big lump of manure that included freshly digested crow.

10. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

Once again thank you for your presence in my post. You always seem to enlighten the post.