Had to post this

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGOLFER, Mar 2, 2006.

1. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Well I said a while back that if John Brady led LSU to a Final 4 I'd post an apology and that I'd never again say he didn't deserve to be the head coach of the Tigers.

While the Tigers still have a long way to go. I do take back some of my criticism of Brady and give he and his staff a lot of credit for being SEC Champs.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Get the hell outta here until 5:08 Saturday evening.:angryfire

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

There should be some penalty for golfer posting this week. Maybe it should be that he can only come back when he contributes!:thumb:

4. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Brady's gonna' get robbed. Let's start the rally LSU!

Agreed. I'm a little worried that national, PR/Media bullsh*t is going to cost Brady coach of the year. We should note that right now there are 15 finalists for the Jim Phelan National Coach of the Year Award. Three SEC coaches are nominated, including Pearl, BRADY, and Gottfried. Note to LSU AD: our friends at Tennessee are actually promoting THEIR coach:

http://utsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/030106aaa.html

I say I'm worried b/c this IS where RANKINGS (and thus, public opinion) matter. Tennessee being ranked a little higher, despite us beating them, continues to get the limelight for their coach.

I'd argue that what's so "unbelievable" about Tennessee's season? If anything it really just points out how BAD their previous coach was. Let's look at the tape:

Tennessee starts or plays primarily a Jr. 6-10 center Major Wingate (top 50 high school player), 1 So. (all SEC) Chris Lofton (Kentucky Mr. Basketball, McD A-American), a Sr. in C.J. Watson (McD A-American, top 40 high school player), another Sr. in Andre Patterson (another McD A-American, transfer from UCLA, rated 16th best HS player), and Jr. Dane Bradshaw (top 100 hs player, Tennessee 2003 Mr. Basketball). They also have a full roster of players and are deep. So, they start or play predominantly 2 seniors, 2 juniors and 1 sophomore, three of them being McD A-American players, and all of whom were at least top 100 players coming out of high school. I'd ask... so, they SHOULD be good shouldn't they? All Pearl had to do was come in, pick a run and gun system, probably inspire them to actually play hard.

LSU starts 1 Sr., 1 So., and three freshmen, and backs them up with 1 jr. and 2 freshman. We have two McD. A-Americans, but the rest of the starters (Rolle was a highly ranked player) would be lucky if they were considered high school top 100 players. We've dealt with little bench, injuries to key players, and had just as tough a non-conference schedule. AND we beat Pearl by 14 points.

It's sad to say, but I have a sinking feeling that Pearl will probably win national COY due to all of the media attention, although I feel Brady should (and will) win SEC COY, because of what he's done in the SEC. I think if LSU cared at all about their basketball program, they'd be marketing the heck out of Pokey and Brady for national COY right now.

This is where, support from your school, fan base, media coverage, etc., helps your squad. Let's get the facts out and promote our team. We can make a difference!!! :geauxtige :bball: :champs:

P.S. Thank you Gregg Doyel, for seeing your mistake and giving credit where credit is due (now get your facts right about Tennessee)!

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Re: Brady's gonna' get robbed. Let's start the rally LSU!

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27826&SPID=2166&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=244677

6. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Hmmmm.... was this just posted?!!!! :)

I missed it... in any case, Tennessee had theirs up yesterday, the day the finalists were announced.

Note the following:

"A 20-member panel, chaired by Phelan, selects the winner. ESPN's Jay Bilas and former University of Kentucky All-American Kyle Macy headline the panel. All final ballots will be cast by March 12 and the winner will be announced at the NCAA Final Four."

We should start a campaign. Damn. I hate how the Dukie ESPN Bilas seems to rule the roost in everything! :sob: Well, at least we know where to reach him...

:geauxtige :bball: :champs:

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I'm not taking anything away from Brady and the job LSU has done on the hardwood this year. The Coach of the Year in the SEC should go to Pearl. Probably will...simple fact of their record last year combined with him being a first year coach.

8. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

jeffinbama, i think i can speak for everyone here...we know it wasn't his comment...just having a little fun...;)

9. homertiger

homertiger Founding Member

Why should it go to Pearl? Because he is a first year coach? Is that all you got?

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

He can't come back till football season.