Hahaha Goodell

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 3, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You screw the Saints, New Orleans gets revenge by shutting the lights off on the biggest stage. New Orleans laughs last in the 2012 season, fuck you Goodell.

tigerchick46 and MLUTiger like this.
  2. LaSalleAve

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Now it's time to sign Ed Reed and LaRon Landry. (and let Roman Harper go!)

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Normally, I would agree, but I hope this doesn't fuk the city out of getting another Super Bowl in the next 5-10 years. Since it didn't cost the Ravens the 'W', it probably won't even be a big deal the next time New Orleans bids.

I don't think Reed will leave the Ravens. He would have retired after this year, but he didn't want to take any spotlight away from Ray Lewis. He'll play one more year and retire after next season. That said, the Ravens do have 22 free agents on their 53 man roster, so they are prime for poaching. Their goal will be to re-sign Flacco. I heard both Anquon (sp?) Boldin and Jacoby Jones may be salary cap casualties. I think they find a way to keep Jones, but there's no way they can keep both. I know the priority for the Saints is defense, but I would LOVE to see Boldin in a Saints uniform, Unfortunately, we have salary cap issues of our own.

Oh yeah and fuck Roger Goodell.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I don't think you'll see the Saints do anything noteworthy in free agency this year. After the hit from Drew' contract, they will be hard-pressed to keep their own free agents; at least the ones they want to keep.

KyleK likes this.
  6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree. That's why I said they have their own cap issues. ;)

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Wow.....remember the guy who took it on himself to fly a plane pulling a "Free Sean Payton" banner over New Orleans last spring? WWL reports he killed his two teenage kids, then himself in California today.

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Dude, I saw Roger Goodell at the Super Bowl. We passed right by each other.

I wanted to let him know how I felt.....I just couldn't......

:(

9. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I saw a report that said Goodell was the lead guy responsible for leading the charge to keep the Saints in New Orleans when Benson wanted to move them.

Payton and Co. had several chances to stop things but continued to do so even after warnings.

All things considered, the guy probably shouldnt take all the heat from Saints fans.

10. LaSalleAve

Stop what though? An incentive program? Isn't the NFL one gigantic incentive program? I mean pay for performance? Don't all teams do this anyway? What I don't like about Goodell is he made it a point to use the Saints to look like he cares about player safety to save some bucks in pending lawsuits. No coach has ever been suspended, not even for cheating and Payton gets suspended for a whole season because his players were paid to do their job. There is something really fucked up about that.

And I'm willing to bet the only reason he pushed for the saints to stay in New Orleans was so the NFL wouldn't look like a bunch of scum bags bolting on a city that was just destroyed.

stevescookin likes this.