Half as good as chevis

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rwilliams, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

A caller on the les miles show said that next year he hoped that miles hired an offensive co half as good as cheif is. I don't think that went over too well. I think miles keeps crowton next year. What do you think?

2. joker

joker Founding Member

We won't know until the season is over but it's kind of difficult to fire the offensive coordinator after winning the SEC or the :crystal:

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Do you think crowton is getting a bum rap and he's doing the best possible with what he's got or is he the problem. I thought he needed to go before the fl game then after the fl game I just don't know dr jeckle and mr hyde

4. joker

joker Founding Member

Crowton sucks.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i think in order for crowton's offense to work really well, that he needs a smart, playmaking quarterback, that can throw the ball well, and can run some. Unfortunately we don't have a guy that can do both, which is why the offense works so well with both guys. Limit the throws you let JJ make, or even replace him with a better running qb, like Shepard, and I think this offense would be very, very dangerous. Especially if Lee continues to play the way he has been.

6. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

If we had a brilliant QB, we would be the number one team in the nation and Crowton would be considered a genious.

If we win the SEC, we stay with who brought us to the dance!

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

by the way, what does Chevis have to do with this?

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Although I agree with the premise of this, I wonder why - knowing we have QB challenges - Crowton and Miles haven't adjusted.

We've seen what Crowton can do with a very good college QB. Flynn.

We've seen what he did with two years of young QBs - poor offenses.

Now we're seeing what he can do with experienced, but imperfect QBs - poor offense.

At some point during the season, can you not adjust enough to remain relatively unpredictable while playing to your QBs abilities?

I don't know. Seems to me LSU could've found a way to minimize Lee's lack of mobility by now - a way that doesn't involve wasting entire series.

9. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I agree...by now we shouldn't be a work in progress on offense but I can't argue with the result so far. Karma is a bitch and I look for the payback soon but since we are on this ride I'm enjoying it.

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I think Jacksonville picked him up.