Halftime show

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 7, 2011.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i would think it would be up to the venue to contact the fire marshall in the early stages of planning for those extra seats to make sure they passed code and could be put in.

i put that on jerry.

and fergie looked like 40 miles of rough fence. aguilera needs to loose about 5 pounds of make up.

edit: i am an idiot today. that would be "lose". not "loose". :redface:

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Harsh, but not too far off! Too much makeup on that chick...

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

funny tweet during the Halftime show:

...and about the Super Bowl:

1 person likes this.
  4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

More funny Super Bowl tweets:

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

[BEGIN RANT]

Ya know what? I didn't even watch it, but I knew ahead of time it was going to be one of the worst ever. Black Eyed Peas? Seriously? I'm 38 years old and even I know they're played out. Like so many other "artists" these days, all they can do is re-arrange loops of older songs and put a drum-beat behind it. Then they 'sing' through digital effects boxes to cover the fact that they actually can't sing. As a result, the artists forget there's actually a bit of skill involved...

...Which brings me to Miss Aguilera "singing" the national anthem. I'm actually glad to see her screw it up so badly, maybe next time some "entertainer" sings the song, they'll think about last night before they try to "make it theirs". Very few singers can actually get away with that, and Miss Aguilera certainly isn't one of them, no matter how much she waves her hands in the air and makes faces to show everyone she's a pro. What happened to her is actually quite common among entertainers, though. She was so worried about how she was going to nail the performance, she screwed it up. My Dad's played music all his life as have I. He used to always tell me that "when you start thinking about what you're playing and how you sound, you're already lost". Wiser words were never spoken; she should have spent less time worrying about her urban yodeling ability and more time to LEARN THE FREAKING WORDS TO (Y)OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM! :cuss:

[/END RANT]

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I knew that I would be glad to have missed this one. The BEP are terrible, have always been terrible, and will always be terrible. The more I hear about the performance, the happier I am that I spent halftime doing laundry.

And what's with the commercials? They have gotten progressively worse the past couple of years. Last nights ads were unwatchable. The only ones that made me even chuckle were the VW one with the Darth Vader kid and the car commercial (Carfax, was it?) with the "kid in a candy store" analogies. Other than that, garbage. Complete garbage. Bud Light commercials are beyond hackneyed. They really need a new campaign. "People will do anything for a Bud Light" lost its touch years ago. Your beer sucks and your commercials are worse.

Half-assed, failed attempts at being funny anger me. Seems like no one is even trying anymore.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

it seems like the physical pain commercial will never go away. I actually dug the VW commercial though.

8. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

All I could hear was their terrible singing. I didn't hear any background music.

9. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

not you..........not okie...........noooooooooooooooooooooo!

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Nerds, what did you think of the movie trailers. Thor looks awesome, Transformers, eh...i'm gonna see it because it's transformers, Captain America looked dumb as sh!t. What other movie trailers were there?