Hanagriff stakes claim as the next Voice Of the Tigers...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 19, 2005.

1. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

And if I may add something: No one is bashing Jim, he obviously couldn't call the game. It is inevitable that Hawthorne will need to be replaced, and I think Hanagriff will make a fine replacement. He is young and full of fervor, he just needs to settle down a bit. Something about Charlie gets me all fired up inside. Yea, school definately sucks. I wanted to be at that game sooo bad, but I have night classes on wednesday nights, and I live 2 hours away in Morgan City. I don't think there is any excuse for fans in Baton Rouge with nothing better to do to miss a home game. Regardless of Brady, you have to admit that LSU has been playing some exciting ball this season. Sure the defense sucks, and the offense is sporadic, but the fact that they CAN be soooo explosive counts for a lot. Idk about yall, but I rather see LSU lose while playing great offensively than lose playing great defensively. In Bball, (at least to me,) offense is more exciting. [​IMG]

2. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Just curious, is true of ALL state employees?

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

All state employees walk on water......

and some drink beer

4. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

I guess Jesus was a state employee. :hihi:
    My wife and I will have to try that.

5. purplejoe

purplejoe Founding Member

Well to me Jim is the Voice of the Tigers and can have the post as long as he so chooses. But, as an LSU enthusiast who doesnt get to make it to a lot of Basketball or Baseball games, I would much rather someone other than Hanigriff. I understand we are in the south. I know that everyone would love it if we could keep it in the buddy buddy aspect and mold Hanni to be the next voice. But, bottom line is he really isnt that good. If we all think he's the best man for the job then we have bad taste. Granted he's no homer guy from GA or anything, but we can get much better. We are a major university and we have a history and we deserve someone with some passion, but also someone with some substance. To me, Hanni just doesnt have a good voice. A good voice is a must. Jim has a good voice and it's recognizable. People like Hanni, Kevin Ford, Patrick Wright are a dime a dozen. They really offer nothing other than the fact that they can describe it. But, the just dont have good voices. Plus, Kevin Ford sounds to me like he knows nothing about basketball. But thats beside the point. LSU deserves much better as there Pbp man. Before the just give it to Hanni, they should have an open search and find the right person. If it turns out to be Hanni, then great. But, they need to search. Maybe like the coaches committe search. lol

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

JayB, from a former journalist, I can tell you that constant pessimism and negativity means eventually, people will stop listening...It's like, "The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf," syndrome.

Hanagriff exhibited during his time on the air the most consistent product...From a production standpiont and from a "taking the calls" standpoint. He was also quite negative, and the single, most stubborn fella out there...

The problem with him is that he called LSU's NC run in '03 in P&G magazine back during the season immediately after the UF game...Now he thinks he is a soothsayer, and what was a stubborn inability to take other's opinions and change his own is now a steadfast donkey hoofs in the dirt routine...

Hanagriff's got great PBP skills, and that little showing tonight was amazing...but he's got to get out of the negativity situation...

CRAWFISH...I'm guessing you haven't ever listened to an infamous "Hawthorne Homer"...You know...

"That's a long, high drive to left field...It's well hit...and it is....a fly ball to short right field, gobbled up by the 2nd baseman for the 2nd out of the inning..."

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

You being the ultimate arbiter of our collective tastes, correct?

8. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

LoL, thats classic TE..

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I like Jim. I think he does a good job. He is The voice of the Tigers and is a good man.