Hanagriff stakes claim as the next Voice Of the Tigers...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 19, 2005.

1. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Nice edit Scappy.. who are you? ... you are obviously someone else in this thread...

2. purplejoe

purplejoe Founding Member

Well maybe one of those 1210 guys could do it. I'm sure if the job would become open, and they had an open audition, Jon Fine and Jimmy Ott would put it in. I've heard them both. If I'm not mistaken, the guy who is on Saturday mornings on the score has done it. Dont recall his name. Even Blake Andrews. I think everyone on that station has done pbp of some sort.

3. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Hawthorne will not be replaced until he retires... thats all there is to it.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I have heard Jon Fine...and he's a total nincumpoop...Listen to him for any amount of time talk about his "Penn State Education" and how absolutely condescending he is, and it's obvious...He's put his foot in his mouth so many times, he knows his own shoe size...

Pete Maravich is an over-rated player in college basketball...makes a point to call LSU the Co-Champions...other ridiculous things he says merely to try to drum up LSU fans to call and take issue with him, so he can put on some infantile "nanny nanny boo boo, I don't care what you think, that's my story and no amount of logic and/or calling from negative callers will make me not stick to it"...

I've heard him do DSHS Basketball...and he bleaux...

Ott is also a joke...Plus, why would he want to leave a successful career as a sports radio talk show host/bookie?

5. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

As I read this, I can hear his voice in my mind saying those things. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

6. purplejoe

well thats a given. I believe he's also ass. AD. So he's a big timer up there. I was just making a joke about those other guys. But, if for some reason they didnt give it to Hanni on the spot and wanted to do an audition, it would be unreal how many people would put one in. But I think JH will do it for atleast 4+ years. His voice is still strong. With the exception of tonite. lol

7. purplejoe

TE....

Agreed on the Ott thing. That was all meant in good fun. There is really a lack of sportscasting talent here anyways. But we never hear anything from these guys b/c there are no minor league teams that have announcers here. WE just hear 4th rate guys on high school games. They are bad.

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I'm far from an arrogant or overconfident individual in things like that...but it's odd how people truly will listen to anything...If I had some money saved up, and a few weeks to work on some polish...I'd blow Songy, Ott, Flake, Scrap, & of course Fine out of the waddah...

I'm about to begin percolating...

9. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Is it getting hot in here ? Or is that just all the steaming bullcrap I feel pileing up around my feet :grin:

10. purplejoe

I don't doubt that you could. But, not to knock you, but that wouldnt be that difficult and it wouldnt be saying much. Those guys are pretty bad. This town needs some new talk. Someone whos not a homer(buddy), not a complete idiot(blake andrews), not a daddys boy(scrap), not a bookie(ott), and not satan(fine)....Maybe its you TE. You seem to have the know how and we'd love to hear a fresh sound on the airwaves. From what I've seen reading on here, you have it in for some of these guys, one in particular. But I wouldnt doubt you could do well here.