Hanagriff stakes claim as the next Voice Of the Tigers...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 19, 2005.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

The knock on Hawthorne is that if you aren't watching the game, and are relying on his call, you simply have no idea what's really going on. Period. Any sport. Love the guy's voice, but come on, what's wrong with his eyes?

And Hanagriff isn't some Johnny come Lately. He's not gravy training an '03 prediction into a career. He's been at this a long time, and sure, he's not going to blow smoke up your a$$, but his analysis is usually on point.

BUT, there's a difference in play-by-play and commentating, and I suspect Hanagriff is still learning the difference. For my money, he's great. Wish we had him in Houston.

2. tigerraynman

tigerraynman Freshman

Hey TE I was listening to sports gumbo today on wwl and jon (cry baby fine ) was blley aching about the times pis. not listing him as a top 10 canadate to replace the man BUDDY. he also was sying how bad a radio person buddy d. was what a j---a--ss.GEAUX LSU

3. purplejoe

purplejoe Founding Member

Are you serious? He really bitched about that? Hahaha....If thats the case then thats sad. Although Buddy D had an aggrevating voice, he was an icon. Fine is a joke.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

that is funny. for him to badmouth anyone on radio is sad. he has not only the worst voice but his attitude is even worse. He denigrates anyone from Louisiana and actually said on-air how he is smarter than anyone in the entire state if you chose people at random--more than likely. then proceeded to say how he wasn't talking down to the listeners or anything.

havent listened to him since, except by accident then i turn it to something more entertaining. paint drying.

he couldnt hold buddy d's jockey jock.

5. purplejoe

good call Tirk. He's a grade A *******. Worst voice on radio also as you said. Some people on the radio try to sound better than everyone, but atleast never say it. That dudes just an a hole.

6. tigerraynman

tigerraynman Freshman

tirk you are right he can't even hold my jock and i am only a LSU FAN. He clams he knows alot mabout LA. sports. What a joke.

7. purplejoe

I really dont understand how he gets sponsors for his show. The point of being a sponsor is so listeners will go to your business. But, people are so pissed at jon fine that they hate to patronize him. His is the only show in town I would never buy adds on. That would be a mistake for any business. And worse, his dshs high school announcing.

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Jon Fine sounds like the kind of guy that would get the free sample of Enzyte...The All Natural Once A Day Pill For Male Enhancement...

9. purplejoe

I concur. So I take it he's on the bottom of the TE sports show list. lol

10. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

I happen to turn the radio on 1210 Friday night, just punching the buttons, and when that voice hit me, I thought not him. Fine had some 5th grader with him doing the Denham game. Maybe the "color guy" is a regular. I listened just to hear the game for a minute or so, but by then I couldn't tell who was who. I got so tired of listening to them, instead of simply changing the channel, I decided to just drive my truck into a tree.

[​IMG]