Environment Hanta virus.... another Chinese special

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by watson1880, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Honorably discharged veterans should get money from the government to pay for their education. They have paid their dues.

Don't they still have the GI bill?

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

[​IMG]

Rolan likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

That is what I used.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

If you talk with college educators you’ll find a lot of the cost is additional administrative expenses mandated by the Dept of Education. The administrators get tenured salary and don’t teach a thing. Another cost adder is the rising percentage of professors who don’t teach. They are hired for research etc. This increases the burden on tuition that do nothing for the students. Finally there this proliferation of Bull Shit degrees that have no place in the real world. Most fall into what is a confused mess that can be called science but are nothing but mambo jumbo or made up “liberal arts” that are nothing but smoke and mirrors. Basically they do nothing to prepare a student for the real world.
    There is a final element at least in Louisiana. The state has reduced the money it allocates to colleges in the budget. That money has to come from somewhere.
    There is a vast and hidden burden that makes the cost of college much greater than it should be.

Rolan likes this.
  5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

There is, but it is also filled with loop holes that disqualify you. I was not a veteran so, I happened to be in the military during the only 5 year period that had no actions or wars, 93-98. I joined when my unit got back from the first gulf war, and was out before 9/11. I did almost re-enlist after 9/11, my Dad talked me out of it.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Big lenders like Sallie Mae? Remember the government is now in charge of college loans.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Me too

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I was lucky my dad demanded I not join the marines. Had I I would have been smack dab in the middle of a rice paddy in Nam. Instead I was safely at bases in the US and one in Nam.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A friend of mine got drafted by the Army. After bootcamp he was assigned to infantry and sent to Nam. When somebody found out he was good at drawing cartoons they reassigned him to draw propaganda cartoons in Saigon.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Great duty lot of poontang in Saigon, better in Bangkok though.