Harbaugh to Michigan??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Oct 7, 2007.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

With the huge with over USCw, maybe some of the focus shifts from Les to Harbaugh taking over in Ann Arbor. Thoughts?

2. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

I was thinking the same thing :thumb:

I just wonder if he would leave after just one year.

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

At the beginning of the season i would laugh at this but right now it honestly seems logical.

4. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I would be perfectly happy with that.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Maybe not. I forgot about him dissing his alma mater. I don't think they want him there after reading this. I was just hoping another candidate besides Miles would emerge.

ARTICLE

6. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Most many not be interested, but I found this article of interest since Les has also mentioned in connection with Michigan ---
    The Columbus Dispatch – Harbaugh to Michigan?

The link:
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/football/stories/2007/10/9/oller09.ART_ART_10-09-07_C1_6O84R65.html?sid=101

7. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I think Carr will be back next year. I don't think he wants to go out with what happen this year. Of course, if he wins out with a Big 10 Championship and the Rose Bowl say over USC that might be enough to go out on. I say no way on Harbaugh. As far as CLM, I don't see that happening either. I think they are kind of like where Bama was after BB. I see them selecting someone very close to the program with that selection not working out. Then all the horrid politics will start taking place until the program takes a dive. I'm so happy LSU does not have all this rich history that brings the problems like Bama. We have wonderful history from our program which I love, just not the kinda success a Bear Bryant has had which leads to a highly dysfunctional fan base.

8. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I think Carr will be back next year, too. And, from what I've read, Miles isn't necessarily a lock should Carr resign. It seams that some of the higher-ups, regents, money people, etc. there aren't his biggest fans (stereotypical "he's dumb" thinking, he wouldn't be the kind of representative of Michigan that we'd want, etc.). I get worried that his record this year will change some people's minds. If a couple of rich alumni decide they want Miles and/or if the fanbase starts making a lot more noise about him, things could change.

9. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Why wouldn't Lester leave ? He only has to take note of Saban's post-LSU success. :hihi:

10. omahatiger

omahatiger Founding Member

Michigan will have to pay Miles more than they are comfortable with. They have all the money in the world, but do not hand it out like you would think. Carr is the 5th or 6th highest paid coach in the Big Ten. I live in Big Ten country and the talk here is the AD in Ann Arbor has no problem going outside the program. The old AD was a program guy.

1 person likes this.