Harris is mature beyond his years

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Sep 28, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Harris said it was hard for him to take much pleasure in beeing cheered when he entered the game after hearing the same crowd boo several miscues by Jennings.

"It shouldn't be the way it was tonight where we may have somebody booing him," Harris said. "We need to all support him when he is in there. It hurt me to hear anything. I know you shouldn't listen to all of that, but coming from me, I just don't think it was the appropriate way to handle that situation."

Harris led LSU to touchdowns on each of his seven series after relieving struggling sophomore Anthony Jennings, and the 17th-ranked Tigers overwhelmed New Mexico State 63-7 on Saturday night.

"This is obviously how you want to play," Harris said. "That is what I wanted to come out and do tonight. I feel like we did it as an offensive unit and as a team."

good to see because i didnt hear/read too much of harris speaking before this. dont want to make too much of it, but hes at least saying exactly the right things. and he sounds sincere.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/46b9...arris-leads-no-17-lsu-past-new-mexico-st-63-7

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I hope he maintains it when he starts to get his bell rung by SEC defenses. Even when that happens don't pull him. Make it his team win or lose. Got to get him as much experience as possible.

gyver likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

He appears to have some great leadership qualities.

His tweet last week concerned me but now I think it was more about being outspoken- like leaders need to be. He'll just have to learn which things need to be handled outside the public eye. Maybe he already knows and just slipped.

GregLSU likes this.
  4. tigerz0202

tigerz0202 Veteran Member

Kid has always had a great attitude all through recruitment and up to now, i don't think the level of competition will change that.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Young kids will get frustrated, frustration sometimes makes one do or say stupid shit. Water under the bridge.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Hopefully he doesn't read some of these boards.

gyver likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Hopefully he doesn't read some of these boards.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hes may be mature enough to handle it. long as he stays off twatter.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Someone once said, "The best thing about LSU is the fans, an the worst thing about LSU, is the fans!"

No truer words.

10. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member