Harris Named Starter vs Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Sep 29, 2014.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

furduknfish likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

He also said that AJ may get some time here or there. Big mistake. I understand you want to keep AJ's head in the game and his cofidence. However Auburn is going to be a tough opponent. We can not afford that in this game unless Harris is stinking it up. Taking Harris out could potential mess up the chemistry and throw the team for a loop.

4. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Think 3rd and inches, QB sneak......pretty much all Jennings did last year except the Arkansas and Bowl games.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

It sure seems we ran more formations with the guy who "knew less of the playbook." Saturday night Jennings ran the offense undercenter with 2 TEs and a Fullback on almost every play. Harris ran out of the pistol, the I, he ran some traditional 5 wide out of the shotgun, some empty backfield. The offense looked more dynamic with the less experienced less knowledgeable guy.

Bengal B and wjray like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

My question now is if you didn't trust Jennings enough to run your offense why even have him out there?

wjray likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I wouldn't have the slightest idea. You are going to have to ask Les that question. Let me know what the tells you.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's not just an intelligence thing. It's that modern play books are very complex and freshman aren't expected to know it all right away. Some of it has to be learned on the field in games against competition. He's got classes, grades to make and a hundred other distractions including fame.

Winston1 likes this.
  9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No doubt it's better to have a year to grow and learn. There will definitely be growing pains and freshman mistakes. However Harris seems to have that special something that separates him from Jennings. He seems to see the field better and goes through his progressions quicker. Some guys are just natural QB'S, while some have to work harder at it. I think both will struggle against SEC competition, but Harris seems to give the best chance of winning now as well as later. Nothing against a young and inexperienced Jennings, but Harris just seems better equipped to lead the LSU offense.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Hope he plays a good, injury free game. It will not be as easy as cupcake U, but a good showing bode well for the future. Geaux Tigers.