Harris Named Starter vs Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Sep 29, 2014.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

The thing about Harris is that he's improved at every opportunity he's been given, since that pitiful series against Wiskey. Some will say he's improved against inferior competition and they'd be right, but the competition he's played against is still light years better than what he saw last year. Win or lose, I like that he's getting experience now to prepare him for the future.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Hopefully he is ready for the task at hand. I'm sure he has grown more into this role in both practice and game experience. He does seem to have that moxie that good qb's need.

As for not believing he was ready earlier, just read about dozens of other qb's that have gone through similar growing pains. Heck Kiffin wouldn't have cared less if his qb would have quit after spring practice he was so bad, now the young man is playing lights out.

Harris has practiced very hard, watched a ton of film, gotten advice from many mentors & is ready for this challenge. Good luck to him.

COTiger likes this.
  3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I agree David. I'm hoping for the best, but prepared to accept some bumps & lumps as the Tigers encounter the meat of the schedule.

cajdav1 likes this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Finally some goddamn sense coming from Les Miles.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I think CCC talked some sense into him.

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Do not take Brandon out of the game at no time. Great learning experience for him. He's gonna get hit like he aint never been hit before. I don't care if it's 35-0, if he gets up let him play.

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Nah, temporary sanity. It will fade.

ParadiseiNC, shane0911 and fanatic like this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hope everyone uses this type of common sense. It's actually exciting having a freshman qb who is supposed to be the bees knees. Hopefully it's stable, nothing like stability at that position.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think Les was just bringing Harris along slowly. He remembers having to throw Lee to the wolves as a freshman who was not ready but showing promise before that series of interception touchdowns ruined his career and Les' season. He does not want that to happen to Harris. And as shallow as we are at quarterback, he needed to develop both quarterbacks. Now we are done with the cupcakes and both quarterbacks have game experience. If Harris goes down, we have a guy who can play.

ParadiseiNC and islstl like this.
  10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Most likely.