Harry Potter discussion for the geeks

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by mesquite tiger, Apr 19, 2005.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

It seems that I do have something on common with martin, and it is our enjoyment of the Harry Potter novels. Since the new novel debuts in July, I have some theories as to what my occur in the Half Blood Prince.

1. Dumbledore will die in this novel at the hands of Voldemort. It will likely be an epic battle on the grounds of Hogwarts. As he is taking his last breath, Dumbledore reveals to Harry Voldemort is his grandfather, thus further complicating the final book of the series (kinda a Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker set up in Jedi).

2. Snape becomes Hogwarts new head master, and he will save Harry's life in this book at some point.

3. Hermoine and Ron hook up.....Harry gets jealous and shows a dark side towards them both likening him to Voldemort (another Star Wars theme).

I can't wait for this book.....so many questions I have

2. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

I've never read one of the books, but I really enjoy the movies. I've seen all of them several times.

3. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I cannot wait. I am driving back to louisiana from delaware on May 14th. I ordered Book 5 on cd so I can refresh my memory before the new book comes out. That damn thing is 19 cds.

I don't think Dumbledore will die, not yet anyway. I think Percy will do something stupid like rat out where the good guys are hiding out. I am going to agree about the Ron and Hermonie thing and Harry getting PO'd. Harry is going to end up with Jenny in my opinion

4. mesquite tiger

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I have not read any of the books, nor seen the movies. But i think i will read the first one. Lots of magic, i hear, i could like such fantasies.

6. mesquite tiger

HEY GEEKS.........

the countdown is on kiddos. 5 days until I submerge myself into this much awaited 6th addition. martin, we can discuss our thoughts after the reading has ceased. i imagine i can have this one done in a week or two if I totally neglect my family for that long.

i know this likely makes me a loser, but at this point in my life who cares. between the release of this and NCAA 2006, this might just be the most eventful week in my life since the Sugar Bowl a couple of years ago. :hihi:

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

having no family, i expect to be done within hours of the time the book arrives like i was last time. then i expect my other loser freeloading friends to borrow my copy and pass it around. we are all losers who act like children.

count me in as a big loser too.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Count me in! I can't wait!

9. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I've never read any of the Harry Potter books. Hell, I've never even seen any of the movies.

One day I'll watch Toy Story......

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Are the books much better than the movies? I found the movies to be great...So Im sure I would enjoy the books..