Hartley likely done as Saints kicker

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Sep 27, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Some dude on the radio just said the Saints should trade Chase Daniel to LSU for Josh Jasper and LSU would win the National Championship and the Saints would repeat...

1 person likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

When I worked at Chili's off College in B.R. many moons ago, everyone in that joint was addicted to adderral.

Have you ever seen that move, Requiem for a Dream, with Jared Leto and Jennifer Connelly? The mother on that movie was prescribed adderral and xanax. Adderral to stay up all day, and then xanax to knock you down at night. Adderral is highly addictive. The only difference between adderral and meth is adderral is made in a real lab, meth is made in a trailer.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I like it. :hihi:

4. fanatic

Weird. Does adderall give you the initial euphoria that meth is supposed to give you or does it just speed you up? I'm no angel, but I've never done either. That said, if I ever was going to do one, I think I'd choose adderall instead of the witches brew known as meth. Just can't believe the trash that goes into making that stuff.

5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I was just listening to WWL and they had tape of CSP saying they are NOT bringing anyone in "at this time". He said the day after was too soon to make any kind of decision in that regard.

6. LaSalleAve

I took adderral once at a party with over 5000 people and i could tell you what everyone at that place was wearing, and who they were with, and what kind of shoes they had on. It's ridiculous. Plus i couldn't sleep for 2 days. I love my sleep. I will never take that crap again, unless i'm driving the cannonball or something.

There was a little euphoria, but really the only euphoria you get from the other is if you are up for days when delirium kicks in.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Never done meth but there is a little high feeling with adderral and I guess it depends on how much and your tolerance. Also depends if you are a ADD junky and snorting it through a straw which is common.

I would also see a transition in users too. It would do what it is supposed to do for a while like increase attention, actually enjoy studying, make you OCD, etc...:lol: but after a while you would see people taking it and making them more lazy and eat more. Weird...

8. fanatic

Damn, no wonder people like to do it when they're studying. I never understood this until now. I thought it was just to keep them awake so they could study longer, but apparently it enhances memory and powers of observation.

9. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I don't think Hartley is done with the Saints, but I'll be Payton brings in some competition, or at least bring back Carney to help the kid out. Just remember that back in the early 80s there was another kicker who had some trouble in the beginning...the Great Dane turned out okay, though!

Erxleben is another story though....

10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

From NOLA.com this morning:

New Orleans Saints have workout scheduled with John Carney, but not with Matt Stover

Maybe just trying to get Hartley to focus a bit more.

He's got a new holder this year, doesn't he? That could have a lot to do with it.