Has airline security improved since 9/11?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Jetstorm, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Very scary.
    I hope martin can debunk this one.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

interesting article. i was guessing that in the end they were gonna be a soccer team. when people realize there really isnt anything wrong with racism it will calm the world down a bit. or at least that is my opinion.

i flew two days ago and found the security to be the toughest i have ever seen. they even confiscated my tiny leatherman micra tool. i was not happy, but i managed not to complain. sometimes i have to try not to be an ass to people who are just doing their jobs.

by the way i mostly don't debunk articles from real publications. i debunk email forwards and urban legends. especially ones that are politically motivated lies, like your aclu one, that to believe, one has to completely misunderstand what the ACLU does. and i dont even like the aclu.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

oh, i meant that as i was reading the story i thought they were gonna turn out to be a soccer team. i dunno what they were, but i fully support racism in all its forms, especially racial profiling of terrorists.

when i am on a plane i scope out the possible terrorists as well as the strong guys i will organize to snap the necks of the bad guys if they try anything.

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I like the way you think, brother. :grin: :grin: :grin:

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

There is a lot wrong with her point if view that the general public does not know, nor should they know because it would severly limit how successful current security programs are. Just let it be known that what these guys did is "routine" to an extent and the industry knows about it. I can guide you to a forum where I discuss this further if you wish, but I really don't want to type it all over again.

I've heard a very relevant statement from someone who has spoken with Israeli security services. Summed up it that the Israeli's look for terrorists; We look for weapons. It's this way mostly because we as a country don't want to step on anyone's toes and we're more concerned with the welfare of others over ourselves.

9. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Interesting front page article on this subject from today's Washington Times (7/22).

Scouting jetliners for new attacks

Flight crews and air marshals say Middle Eastern men are staking out airports, probing security measures and conducting test runs aboard airplanes for a terrorist attack........

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20040721-101403-1508r.htm

10. BengalBelle9119

BengalBelle9119 Founding Member

I flew one month after 9/11 and I found my self scrutinizing every passenger that walked on the plane. There were a group of about 6 guys of Middle Eastern race (I'm not sure that is how one phrases this) getting on the plane after I did. I was most uncomfortable, but somehow embarrassed too at the same time because I saw everyone on the plane eye them. But today I believe the airline security needs to racial profile.

On that same flight I was hand scanned because of the underwire in my bra!