HAs anyone heard from Jay Lucas?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Big Earl, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Big Earl

Big Earl Founding Member

Just curious if anyone has an update on Jay Lucas. Has he signed with anyone? Last I heard he wasa thinking of signing with Southern. Why would he not sign with another D-I school rather than sign with Southern? :cuss:

2. DJ

DJ Founding Member

I can't imagine that a player of Lucas' ability would be unable to get a scholarship offer from someone. Of course, he may have told a lot of schools that he was going to LSU, which turned out not to be the case.

I would love to see Lucas "greyshirt" at LSU and get a 2005 scholly. However, I suspect that he has already seen that offer and is trying to see what he can do to get a free ride for 2004.

3. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

grades is his

biggest issue...look Mississippi State couldn't even give him a scholarship. Lucas will be a great player somewhere, I think he ends up in JUCO! but most are speculation a smaller in state college....

LUCAS wanted to be a Tiger and still had a chance but waited too long....don't know why he didn't pull the trigger earlier in the process but he didn't and lost out.

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

crying ass shame ... waited too damn long ... still think he'll play for LSU ... eventually.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I would not understand why LSU would not take him as a grey shirt....if he does want to attend LSU.

6. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

I talked to Jay Lucas after their game at the Centroplex against Southern Lab. I asked him where he was going, and he said Nebraska. And he said that he will be able to play and dress out this season. I don't know if its the truth, but that is what came out of Jay's mouth.