Has anyone noticed a bracket bias?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ken Ross, Mar 28, 2004.

1. LoneStarTiger

LoneStarTiger Freshman

Bias

The bias was pretty obvious from the start. 6/7 SEC teams in the same side of the bracket. The other team, Auburn, was a 7 seed, so they are not likely to break through to the CG. Thus, only one SEC team can be in the final, and max of 2 in the final 4.

2. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

The same thing has happened with the CWS. After the '97 World Series when we beat Alabama in the championship game, it seems like all the SEC teams are on the same side of the CWS bracket.

A funny thing is though, if they would have done it that year in 1997, it would be just like the SEC tournament, with ALL the teams on one side of the bracket coming from the SEC West. :tigbas:

3. catch26

catch26 Founding Member

Yeah, I think the womens NCAA brackets are a joke. How does a number 2 seed get to play all og f their games right down the street while the number 1 seed has to travel?? Also funny how Tenn. & Uconn never have to play until championship. why don't they just put Tenn & UConn in the finals right now & save everyone the drama...that's what they really want anyway. I don't even really follow women's sports at all, but looking at some of the seeding & venues in this years tourny...I didn't feel that bad with the job the mens selection comittee did. Oh well, WE got homecourt now!!! GREAT JOB LADY TIGERS!!! I'll be watching this Sunday!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!! :lsug:

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I can understand how a number 2 seed can play so close to home just for the revenue. Only a handful of women's program's get good attendance and that is always taken into consideration but it is getting a little bigger and they are hoping they won't have to give a team home court in order to fill the arena's soon. Baseball does the same thing and as Tigers we sure can't complain about that, if you know what I mean!!!