Has anyone seen this little gem...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Aug 17, 2006.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

From Times of Acadiana:

5 Reasons I Hate LSU (Remember: This is according to Susan Gonzalez):

Louisiana State University, or as I like to call it, "The Evil Eastern Empire" is an athletic giant that likes to bully around other state schools. But the University of Louisiana knows it's superior, and we are continuing to prosper. An over-zealous LSU fan once asked me, "Why does UL want to be another LSU?" I responded by saying, "We are not trying to be LSU, we are just trying to be the best UL that we can be. Sorry if it makes y'all look bad ..."

1. UL students are known for being friendly and helpful. However, prepare to be alienated by hard-core Ragin' Cajun fans (and who isn't hard-core?) if you wear LSU apparel on UL's campus.

2. It is biologically impossible to bleed purple and gold. I don't know what weird material they teach in the Biology classes at LSU, but all humans bleed red -- UL red.

3. If I had wanted to go to college just to do the wave at football games, I would have gone to LSU. UL combines athletic tradition and academic excellence. Not to mention, we treat the fans of our opposing teams with respect and southern hospitality. At LSU, they pour their drinks on their unknowing visitors and call them "Tiger Bait."

4. LSU's mascot, Mike the Tiger, has a new $3 million, 15,000-square foot facility. UL has faced huge post-Katrina budget cuts and can only keep the university open four and half a week to cut down on utility costs. I mean, no one is complaining about not having Friday afternoon classes ... but it is the principle of the matter. Like a half day more of classes is going to make those LSU lunkheads smarter than us.

5. Finally, if they insist on calling us by our full name, or even worse, "ULL" then we should insist on calling them by theirs, Louisiana State University of Agriculture and Mechanics at Baton Rouge. LSU A&M at BR would not be cute on a T-shirt ... or a diploma. (Assuming any of them actually graduate.)

http://www.timesofacadiana.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060816/NEWS0102/608150301/1051

2. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Most of this article is opinion (and i don't have a problem with that), but #4 insinuates that we spent money on mikes cage (wasn't it finished Pre-Kat?) instead of on LSU. Anyone worth his salt on this board knows that TAF uses no state funds at all.

3. Broke

Broke Founding Member

I found this in the article linked:

UL vs. LSU
    September 2, 2006
    Distance to Baton Rouge: 58 miles. Why you should go: It's LSU ... a small spot of red in a sea of purple and gold will make a big impact. Plus, the team needs you to be there to pray for an injury-free game.

Apparently they see the eventual a** whipping coming a mile away.

And a small spot of red usually means the start of a **itty week at my house.

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I have never intentionally spilled my drink anywhere other than down my throat.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

:rofl:

6. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

But those ULL fans will need all the alcohol to drown away their sorrows once LSU puts a stomping on their team.

7. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

God forbid they beat us. If they erected a small monument for beating A&M in a down year, imagine what they'll do if they walk out of Death Valley with a win. Of course this is just rambling. The chances of a pepper win have got to be about the same as the chance of rain in Tiger Stadium :cool: :grin: .

8. clair

clair Rockets

you guys wonder why I said a few weeks back that ULL fans are scumbags?!

this is why

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Yeah... lets judge a fanbase by a moron who writes for a rag like the times of acadiana... and a woman at that...

10. clair

clair Rockets

Coming from someone who works at a newspaper, if someone on our staff even tried to write something even remotely close to that, we'd be tarred and feathered...

I dont mean everyone on the fanbase as a whole, but the same people who wrote that and think it is funny, are the same people who will be killing themselves trying to get tickets if we go to the NC game... THAT is what bugs me

it's all "anti-LSU" until we do something good