Has Brady Punched his own ticket?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

With the run this year and the way the team is playing has Brady "Earned" the right to call his own shot now?

Meaning does he deserve the right to walk away from LSU when he is ready too.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont understand. only slaves do not have that right.

3. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Sorry didnt make myself clear.

What I meant to say does he deserve the right no matter how bad the team gets to leave on his own terms, to not be fired?

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

No. Not even close.

5. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I wouldn't go that far, because there is little job security in coaching these days. Look at Mike Davis for instance, and even Joe Paterno as an example.

I will say that he has earned the respect of the fans finally, and he definitely has bought himself about 5-7 years of leeway.

A final four trip and a national championship would put him among the LSU coaching greats IMO.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

oh i see what you mean.

i dunno, lsu would have to get really bad, really fast and be terrible for the next 2 years before i would consider his job status. the elite eight and sec championship earns you alot of security in my book.

7. jjbodean1970

jjbodean1970 Founding Member

no, but if he won the natl title it might

8. TXTigahFan

TXTigahFan Founding Member

I agree.

By the way, the Duke victory earned him a lot of $ when Bertman offers the new contract.

9. Ryan

Ryan Founding Member

This team is winning on athleticism, not coaching. This team still makes TONS of mistakes that shouldn't be happening in late March. Unless Coach taught Tyrus how to jump, he should be taken on a year to year basis.

One season does not a career make, especially an elite 8 season. It's not like he's won a championship.

Either way, I'm not a big Brady guy, but if he's on our sideline, I'm backing whatever decision he makes, even if he's wrong.

10. jrich71291

jrich71291 Say What?

I am not sure any coaches will get the JoPa treatment these days. Now almost all Football and I am sure most Basketball coaches have agents that tend to cause a rift between coaches and the University.

But I agree that this tourney run and keeping a clean program will help Brady get some serious payola out of Skip should he be able to keep it up.

LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU!