Has Brady Punched his own ticket?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Mar 24, 2006.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

it doesnt matter if it is athleticism or recruiting, wins are wins. you cant call a coach out for winning on talent alone, when he is the one who brought in those talented players.

(especially with players like tyrus thomas who wasnt highly recruited, and people here even said he wasnt sec quality).

2. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

Funny, I don't recall seeing you on this forum before. Just hopping on the bandwagon for the rest of the tourney? ;)

3. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

How many mistakes did Coach K's team make? Idiot!

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

We weren't even ranked in the top 25 pre-season. Our SEC player of the year left early. This is still a team largely consisting of freshmen - and yet still one of the most successful teams in the country this year.

Actually, yea - it is like he's won a championship. LSU - SEC Basketball Champions '06.

5. JoeReckless

Nice... I tried to give you rep points, but oh well. I'll catch ya later.

6. Ryan

Ryan Founding Member

Y'all have short term memory. We haven't done anything yet. We won a weak conference and have won one big game...against an overrated team. Nobody's going to give us points for beating Iona or A&M. Duke is the lone big win...and it was a great win, but it doesn't just suddenly make me forget about years past where we had the SEC Player of the Year only to watch us not go anywhere.

And it doesn't matter what Coach K's mistakes were, that's his problem. It has nothing to do with LSU's stupid mistakes. We played good defense, great, that's a testament to good coaching, but it doesn't mean I'm just gonna close my eyes when our offense goes into run to the sideline, and then wait for Darrel to come get the ball mode, or when we can't pass on fast breaks.

7. JoeReckless

Sleep well tonight and watch "THE" LSU Tigers march on to the Final Four.

8. Ryan

Ryan Founding Member

I don't want them to march onto the Final Four and be happy, I want to see them win the entire thing and stick it in the entire country's face. But they won't if they play the way they did the other night. It's obvious that this team can do it...especially if they can take out a one seed and not even play one of their better games.

Tomorrow's game is simply a roadblock, not the end of the highway.

9. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

Yeah, a Weak ass conference that put 2 teams in the elite 8.:dis:

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Like others, I think Brady has bought himself time and fattened his wallet, but he hasn't yet earned complete immunity. Whatever happens, this has been a great season and his program has been quietly on the rise the past few seasons. If we look bad next season Brady will have lost a lot of momentum, but I don't see that happening. At the same time, the landscape of college basketball is very bumpy. It would take quite a bit of bad now to want to get rid of Brady.

We might want to hire Collis Temple to the coaching staff as an expert consultant. He's been key in developing local talent and guiding them to LSU.