has LSU purple become blue?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ralph_Wiggum, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

Is it just me or has the rich purple color of LSU been replaced by a blue tint? Or is it the tv? Watching the PMAC on tv tonight it looks like the court is framed by a dark blue and not a purple.

Didn't the coaches LSU clothing seem to be more blue than purple this year. I love the purple and gold.

2. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

It's just TV.

3. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

Yeah, it has to be the TV. One of my TV's has the purple looking very purple, and on the other TV it looks a little blue.

I have to say these are some of the nicest basketball jerseys I have seen out of LSU in some time. I haven't seen our purple jersey yet though.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Your TV needs to be replaced. It's malfunctioning

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Last year I was watching the Humanitarian Bowl from Boise, Idaho and I thought there was something wrong with my TV because the football field was blue instead of green. I found out later that they really do play on a blue field.

6. Dr. Torgo

Dr. Torgo Founding Member

That bluish-purplish colour is called "LSU Purple" or something like that--it's the same special dye used in the band uniforms. Sometimes it comes off looking blue on tv.

7. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

I have heard from a former band member that the reason their uniforms are that bluish purple is because if they used regular purple it would fade too quickly. Any current band members know anything about this?

8. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I heard it was too costly to get the band uni's in custom colors. The blue comes off as a deep purple on the field...

9. TigerBandMello

TigerBandMello Founding Member

I don't know of a special dye used for our uniforms, but our purple is indeed a very dark blue/purple. after sitting on your butt each game for years and years (of which i didn't do...) the butt area on many of the bibbers has become thin, and much lighter than the rest of the bibbers. as for fading, i don't see it as an issue, as we can only get them dry-cleaned. using the dark purple/blue color is much better on the eyes when you have a lot of it on the field at once.

i personally like the darker tones.