Has NCAA changed some rules I don't know about

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 16, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

1. I thought an illegal procedure was a dead ball penalty....thus LSU still has 14 seconds left on the clock and a 5 yard penalty assessed
    2. An illegel procedure penalty on a punt offers the receiving team to either A) take the ball where the play ended or B) take the penalty a re-kick. When did we start giving the receiving team the opportunity to get both the ball and a 5 yard penalty tacked onto the return?
    3. Have you ever seen a ref call interference and then decide to pull it back? hmmmmm...interesting
    4. I guess it's ok to whollop another player thats already out of bounds as long as you have an A and a U on your helmet.
    5. The instant replay system clearly states that there must be indisputable visual evidence to reverse a call. So much for that rule.

On the interference, I don't have a problem if it wasn't called on Auburn, but then you MUST allow the LSU interception on the exact same kinda play in which the Auburn receiver had no chance on the ball since the LSU player was there in front of him for the intercept. Can't have it both ways.

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

You are correct. The time should have been put back on the clock. But after all the other bad calls in the game I knew they wouldn't do it.

3. cedricg

cedricg Founding Member

Yeah, I was waiting for the refs to take off the stripes and reveal their AU jerseys. I could accept defeat today if AU would have come out and totally whipped our A$$ES but that wasn't the case. LSU totally dominated that game and the refs clearly screwed LSU. That PI reverse call at the end was the biggest joke of a call I have ever seen. I guess we'll see the refs in the SEC championship game. And if there's any AU fans on this forum, please have the balls to admit you got your asses kicked and the refs gave you that one.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I have to admit the regular AU posters here are pretty reasonable fans. Having said that, I notice I haven't seen a post out of any of them yet.

5. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

Don't forget David Irons hangin on to Brandon LaFell in the endzone right befor halftime. The commentators even said Auburn got away with that one like 3 times.

6. SeN-SaTioN

Also, don't forget the play where the Auburn player fumbled and the referees gave him a first down.

7. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Founding Member

Pls don't take this as a defense of the refs, but I think the call was for an illegal formation. It is then the defense's option (unlike movement before the snap) and no time is put back on the clock.

8. SeN-SaTioN

Also, don't forget the holding call on Dyakowski that took away a 20yd first down. After the instant replay the commentators did not say anytihng about it.

The commentators where drinking the Auburn juice all day...I was about to throw up listening to them kiss Auburns arse.

Also, what's up with CBS and all their commercials?!?!!!!!!

9. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

And the phantom holding call on our right takle from Canada. Nullified a 21 yard game.

10. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I have a legitimate question about Pass Interference. The drive where the AU WR pushed off the LSU DB, the PI was called on AU yet they repeat the down I think b/c we obviously accepted the penalty.

A few plays later LSU commits a PI and it is an auto 1st down. Why does a defensive PI penalize them more than an offense who commits the same penalty. The offense I believe repeated the down when they got called but when the defense gets called they give the offense an Auto 1st down.

Is this correct?