Has there been any real talk in BR about coaching changes?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Meathead, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

I'm not talking about message board or blog rumors, I'm talking about real news either from the coaches themselves or from people who are truly in the know.

Has there been any discussion whatsoever about a coaching change on offense? Anything from putting Stud & Kragthorpe out the door or bringing in a whole new offensive staff. I have not heard anything & that both shocks & scares me. Clearly our largest downside this year was on offense & the logical change is with the coaching there. Miles is not going anywhere & defense coaching (while suspect in the last minute of games) probably won't see much of a shakeup.

I just figured with the season now being over, we would have at least heard something about movement in the assistant ranks.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Nothing will change. As much as all of us want something to signify hope sadly nothing will change. Going 23-4 in two years (which is fact) Mett having the 5th best year in passing yards in LSU history (fact) means to the coaches we have an execution problem not a system problem.
    While ALL of us (almost all of us) STRONGLY disagree and realize with the massive losses on defense we will need to have a team that doesn't have more 3 and outs than 1st downs for us to even be remotely competitive with the Bama's and A&Ms of the world we sit and hope. But the reason you have heard nothing is because nothing will change.
    our EXACT same offensive scheme will be in place next year.
    Slap the dog and spit in the fire if I am incorrect.

Eliminator55, ehusson80 and shane0911 like this.
  3. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I heard on one of the sports networks that Cam Cameron was a friend of Miles and could come in since he is currently unemployed, and there was one other name thrown out there, but nothing other than that. And of course that is probably just the "talking head's" throwing crap out there.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

dave campo?
    chan gailey?

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

some of this is what you get for going juco. much better to get em in as a fr, not throw them to the wolves for a couple years, then get a couple years will an experienced qb. havent had that since flynn.

6. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Chan Gailey was the other one.

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

The offensive "trend" is bad, the overall record over the next two years will not look like the last two if something doesn't significantly change with the way Les Miles does business.
    You can not realistically expect a bunch of inexperienced and young defensive players to carry this team as has been done the last two years. Miles did virtually NOTHING to develop depth at QB this year because virtually EVERY game dictated the starter stay in the game since they were all either close or early in the season when Mett needed the reps.

I'm not sure how ANYONE on this forum can look at next year and not say we are now "fighting" for 3rd place in the West.

Eliminator55 likes this.
  8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I like Miles a lot, but if there's one thing I've learned about him, it's that he'll say we were a missed throw to a wide open receiver away from having 11 wins this year. Of course, he did show Gary the door after an 11 win season, so perhaps I'm being too cynical.

With all of the heads that rolled in the NFL this year, there should be no shortage of available talent. How about Norv Turner??

9. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

How bad azz would it be if LM just got down on his knees and convinced Ray Lewis to shun that ESPN deal and come coach LSU LB'ers how to be just like him!!! I know it would never happen but if I were Miles, Lewis would have to tell me to Foxtrat Oscar when I called him or maybe he would just laugh!:) BTW, if you were a LB/DL recruit and Lewis walked in your house...........????

shane0911 likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Cam Cameron and Chan Gailey in my opinion would be lateral. Anyone watch Baltimore's or Buffalo's offense over the past few years? Both stink.