Has there been any real talk in BR about coaching changes?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Meathead, Jan 10, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Not saying he hasn't had success or he's a bad person, because he is neither of those, nor is he a bad coach. He's coached Brees and Philip Rivers early in both of their careers. And you know, it probably wouldn't be a bad move considering his ability to develop young quarterbacks. I just thought his offensive playcalling was abysmal. But again that's just what I see maybe he has just had a rough go since the Miami gig and needs a fresh start.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

An still Rogers sets QB ratings and they will all those games. Yep, the OL is one of the weaker spots on that team.

3. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I hear you ...even with those bad play calls his offenses have been extremely successful.

4. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Thats what MY point was ...you can do that in the NFL.....get away with bad o-line play.....but not in college. That's why you really can't compare NFL to College.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Keep in mind that the NFL has become a very pass-happy league the past several seasons. It's nothing now to see a QB with 50 pass attempts in a single game. That used to be unheard of.

6. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I will agree you cannot compare most things NFL to College, probably why I almost never watch Pro football. IMO, free agency ruined the sport. Just "buy" the best team and your chances go way up vs you get drafted and stay on one team your whole career.

As for the o-line issues, I don't think a QB that has a bad o-line has much of a chance in the NFL either.........ask the Dallas Cowboys. BTW, I would have packaged Romo up last year and sent him to Indy and Luck would be a Cowboy and not a Colt. At the end of the day, Jerry Jones is still the owner and ALL problems start with him.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

You're thinking of baseball. The NFL has a salary cap.

8. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

But they do.....we just proved that point....with the GB packers....31'st ranked o-line, but great QB makes up for that. However in the college game if you have a bad o-line you have NO shot at being succesfull. I agree with you on Romo...he is a choke artist!!

9. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I just want someone who knows when to run and when to pass. I don't care if the playbook changes or not...the biggest problem we've had has been situational playcalling.

10. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I would like someone who knows how to rotate the backs without making it obvious what the play call would be.

Or just play Hill most of the time.

stevescookin likes this.