Has there been any real talk in BR about coaching changes?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Meathead, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Also heard Stud would get the tag as Run game coordinator. Nothing set in stone yet.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

You know why?

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

My guess is it makes a demotion sting less and justifies slightly higher pay now that he is dropping from a higher paying position to a lower one. Which will be the real issue...I would think Stud would have to have some decrease in salary at some point down the line.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Bingo.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Drew Brees on Cam Cameron:

“He was huge. Cam was huge in my career. I was with him for four years. He was the offensive coordinator while I was in San Diego for those last four years. That was a time in my career where during that stretch I got benched three or four times, they ended up drafting Philip Rivers. Cam was pretty much the one who broke the news to me. My postseason exit meeting with him after the ’03 season I went in his office, shut the door and (he said) I’m just telling you they’re either going to go out and get a free agent veteran quarterback to come in here or they’re going to draft a rookie high to compete with you. Just get ready for that. I feel like he was always very honest with me. He always did things to try to get the best out of me. There was a time or two where we would butt heads, but I think that was all part of the process of him trying to mold me into the type of quarterback he knew I could be, the type of person he knew I could be, leader and I appreciate him for that. I love the man. I think he’s a great coach and obviously I had a lot of great years with him.”

Chargers Quarterback Philip Rivers:

“Cam has had a tremendous impact on me as a young quarterback. He brings a lot of knowledge with both the game planning and the system that he runs. He had a lot to do with my success this year. He’s a great motivator. He has a great understanding of the game in all phases. He really has the demeanor about him that exudes a lot of confidence. I think his players feed off of that.”

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

This is where you separate the realists from the true nega-tigers lol. Anyone that doesn't realize what a grand slam this hire is gonna be, they absolutely aren't being realistic. It would take hiring Sean Payton as OC to satisfy them.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This would be a great hire, can't see why many don't get it.

10. roynav

roynav free your mind

I'm really hoping all this talk is true. Would be a huge pickup for LSU and put us back in the NC picture. Would have been good to get it done by national signing day to help with recruiting. Will be a great move by Les. Many of us, self-included, have had it with the 5 years of inept offense we've had, culminating in a big step backwards against Clemson. Keeping my fingers crossed this is true.