Haslem takes paycut to sign with Heat

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Jul 12, 2010.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

So you're a heat fan now?:wave:

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Nope but I am a fan of Pat Riley and you can see why. I won't be in the closet however and not watch the show like many who say they are boycotting.:yelwink2: It will be interesting to see if they can make it work on the court just like with the Celtics.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

While I do like Pat Riley, I just dont see it happening as far as role players right now. I will watch as well, but I have never like the Miami Heat, its a team overflowing with bandwagon fans and I thought you had jumped on the wagon.

Also, I think this is different from the Celtics, those guys are much older career wise and I think they understood that they had to make it work from a individual point of view. Unlike the Celtics, the Heat dont have the equivalent of Perkins, Rondo (who is probably top 5 in point guards), Big Baby, etc.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

It is going to take some time to develop the depth, no doubt but remember Rando, Perkins, Big baby etc... weren't considered to be much either when they got their big 3. One thing to watch is if the guys around them develop like they did in Boston. The role players will likely have inflated stats due to the fact they will be the beneficiaries of opponents focusing on the big 3 just like what happened with the Celtics. They will have a ton of uncontested shots and wide open lanes if the Heat have a good game plan and play unselfish ball.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

I agree with that, but thats going to take one hell of a coach. Who knew Doc Rivers was that guy in Boston. I hope Riley coaches as well to eliminate all excuses because the current coach isnt the guy imo. I should be interesting, but honestly, I believe that both Wade and James need the ball in their hands to flourish, I dont see either one of those guys running off screens or any offense that involves that. Now they could do well in a pick and roll offense, but I am stomped as to what offense will work the best with those guys without causing friction on shot selection and the number of shots taken.

If Im the coach, i would let Lebron bring the ball down all the time and run a high screen with him and Bosh and let Wade roam, thats all I got.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

...and now Jermaine O'Neal. I think he will be a great addition, although I don't know much about his health lately or how he has been performing. I am assuming he has been less impressive as he was a hot commodity a few years back. With all the talent and experience around him in Boston, he will hopefully be a good fit. Anyone with more insight about him?

7. LSUMASTERMIND

Severely less talented than a few years back, injuries have caught up with him. He is now a role player that could be a 15-10 guy if he played hard.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I bet Garrett Temple would be a good player for the Heat, if he were given the opportunity.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble